Castle Journal

Castle Journal

 

Renault, Nissan Motor and Mitsubishi Motors announced Wednesday the details of a new strategic plan in which they pledged to deepen cooperation in the development and production of cars, to maintain continuity as a car manufacturer.

The three companies are facing a crisis caused by the Corona pandemic, which came while they are trying to reformulate their partnerships after the arrest and dismissal of the group's chairman, Carlos Ghosn, in 2018.

The reformulated coalition will focus on more systematic sectors of work, with one company focusing on a specific type of vehicle and geographic scope, while the other two will follow suit.

The goal was to create the largest auto maker by 2022, when Renault, Nissan Motor and Mitsubishi announced their latest strategic plans for the alliance in September 2017.

Prior to the announcement of the plan, an informed source, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters: "There will be a restructuring, there will be reductions in fixed costs, and a number of projects will be cut."

And with the profits of the three companies declining, thousands of jobs will be threatened, as Renault and Nissan will announce separate restructuring plans this week.

A source close to Renault said, "The plan will have a positive spirit and be based on a clear leader and follower plan, and it depends on the integration of companies."

One of the important questions related to the location of the German company "Daimler" in the alliance, as it joined the French-Japanese partnership in 2010, and pledged to rationalize the costs for buses, small engines and trucks in the future.

But the joint ventures have become few and far between.

The head of the alliance, Jean-Dominique Sinar, said earlier this year that companies "have no choice" but to deepen cooperation.

But senior sources in the alliance say that any talks on a comprehensive merger are now deferred.

Source agencies

By ... Nadeemy Haded

With the Corona pandemic spreading and the use of alcoholic disinfectants in abundance, social media users have recently circulated, especially in the United States, videos showing explosions inside a number of cars due to hand sanitizer packages.

As summer approaches and temperatures rise, fears of similar accidents within cars, which are virtually devoid of alcoholic hand sanitizer, are on the rise.

But the American "Denver Post" website quoted experts as saying that the explosion of alcohol containers or hand sanitizers, as some have published, is not likely to happen, indicating that alcohol could lose potency if it stays in the car in a high temperature for a long time.

The source of all this confusion is a blog post by the Wisconsin Civil Defense, warning about the possibility of an alcoholic hand sanitizer exploding inside the car during hot weather, as the post spread on social media on a large scale last week.

While the warning seemed to some to be exaggerated, others emphasized that there is a possibility of an alcoholic hand sanitizer packaging inside the car at a certain temperature, or if it is exposed to sunlight for a long period directly.

A Poynter company investigation recently found that an alcoholic hand sanitizer can explode under a temperature of 600 degrees Fahrenheit, or about 315 degrees Celsius, which is impossible to happen in a car.

Other investigations have shown that there is a chance that a hand sanitizer could cause a fire or an explosion, but it is likely to be much smaller than that spread on social media.

But in any case, experts advise not to leave an alcohol-free hand sanitizer in the car at a high temperature, as alcohol can evaporate and therefore the liquid becomes useless, and if you want to be more careful then do not leave the disinfectant in the car.

Source agencies

By ... Nadeemy Haded

 

The new Corona virus has claimed 1039 lives in 24 hours in Brazil, in the fourth toll of more than a thousand daily deaths in the largest country in Latin America since the epidemic outbreak began to accelerate last week.

And Brazil, which has become the new epicenter of the epidemic, recorded until Tuesday evening the death of 24,512 people out of 391,222 people infected with the virus, according to ministry figures.

However, the scientific community in the country considers these figures much less than the reality, and this is due to the authorities not doing enough laboratory tests to reveal the true number of the injured.

And since 5 days, Brazil has recorded a daily death toll from the virus that exceeds that recorded in the United States, the country most affected in the world by "Covid 19", whether in terms of the number of infections (about 1.7 million infections), or deaths (about 99 thousand deaths).

In a country of 210 million people, the health system in the two states most affected by the epidemic, Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, is on the verge of collapse, as is the case in a number of states in the north and northeast.

The Brazilian Ministry of Health announced on Monday that it will keep its recommendation to use the drug "Hydroxychloroquine" to treat "Covid 19" patients, although the World Health Organization recommended, in a preventive measure, to temporarily suspend the clinical trials of this drug.

Source agencies

By ... Nadeemy Haded

 

The World Health Organization has always linked the precautionary measures taken by countries to their success in dealing with the emerging coronavirus, but this rule does not seem to apply to Peru.

The country was one of the first countries in the Americas to take strict preventive measures to cope with the epidemic, by ordering citizens to adhere to their homes and the curfew, but that did not lead to tangible results, as Peru became one of the most affected countries in North and South America.

According to a report by the CNN news network, the numbers show that there are 130,000 injured and about 4,000 deaths in Peru as of Wednesday morning, and these numbers are large compared to the population of approximately 31 million.

Peru and Brazil

Peru is the second most affected country in South America after Coruna.

The policy of the two countries differed in the face of the Corona epidemic, as Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro reduced the risk of the virus, and he continued to neglect in his field trips preventive measures, as he appeared frequently without protective masks or gloves.

On the other hand, Peruvian President Martin Fizcar quickly declared a state of emergency nationwide on March 15th, including mandatory quarantine, in addition to closing the borders.

However, the results were disappointing, as the virus quickly spread in the country, killing thousands and killing about 130,000 people.

And nearly 85 percent of the total intensive care unit beds equipped with artificial respirators in Peru are occupied, amid fears that the number of injured patients will rise beyond the capacity of hospitals.

The country is not witnessing a health emergency, but rather a "disaster" as he put it, given that the epidemic has exceeded the health sector's capacity to absorb, said Alfredo Siles, a doctor and university professor in Peru.

What explains the tragic outcome in Peru?

CNN says that many poor people prefer to provide their modest needs at the expense of quarantine measures.

The American network quoted the Peruvian physician, Elmer Huerta, as saying: "What I have learned is that this virus reveals social and economic conditions."

Therefore, many of the poor in Peru had no choice but to venture out of their homes to work and secure food and drink for their children.

For example, according to official figures published in 2017, only 49 percent of urban families in Peru have refrigerators, and this means, according to Huerta, that this translates into the need for many to visit the markets daily to obtain food, because they cannot store it.

Pools and crowds

In the middle of last April, that is, a month after the application of the strict procedures, pictures were published showing large gatherings and long lines in a market in a suburb of the capital Lima, and it appeared in the pictures that some wore masks, while social spacing was impossible.

A woman who was standing in the queue at the time said, "You must endure standing in the shadows of the crowd, because there is no other way to get food."

At that point, in the middle of April, there were about 10 thousand cases of corona in Peru, but today the number has nearly doubled 13 times.

Among the things that helped spread the virus was the "stimulus plan" approved by the Vizcar government, that required financial aid for the population.

Christian Lopez Vargas, professor of Peruvian economics at the University of California, said the government stimulus package to help the millions of poorest families in Peru was a good idea, but its distribution was disastrous.

Other photos showed heavy congestion in front of banks in Peru, as queues of the worst-affected groups waited for a long time before getting relief money.

Source agencies

By ... Nadeemy Haded

On Wednesday, US President Donald Trump threatened to censor or even shut down social media platforms, after Twitter indicated that two of his tweets were "unfounded".

"Republicans feel that social media platforms are completely silencing the voices of conservatives. We will be organizing or closing them aggressively, before we allow this to happen. We saw what they tried to do and failed in 2016," Trump wrote on Twitter today, Wednesday, in reference to the alleged intervention attempts. In the American presidential elections.

He added: "Clean up your behavior, now !!!!"

This came after he accused "Twitter" Tuesday for the first time, Trump of providing false information in two tweets in which the president wrote and without providing evidence, that voting by mail will necessarily lead to fraud and "fraudulent elections."

"Twitter", who is often accused of being lenient in dealing with statements made by leaders, added the phrase "verify the facts" to the two tweets.

The US president, who tracks 80 million Internet users, responded by accusing "Twitter" of "interfering in the 2020 presidential election."

He wrote: "They say my statement about postal voting is incorrect based on investigations actually conducted by (false networks) CNN and Amazon Washington Post."

He added, "Twitter completely suffocates freedom of expression, and as president, I will not allow them to do so!"

For his part, a spokesman for "Twitter" justified the move, saying that "these two tweets contain information that may be false about the voting process, and were referred to to provide additional information about voting by correspondence."

But Twitter did not act against other messages Trump posted on Tuesday morning conveying a worrying conspiracy theory.

The president has constantly attacked MSNBC's presenter, Joe Scarborough, the former politician who was his friend before publicly criticizing him on the network.

Numerous websites and blogs reported the idea that Scarborough, when he was a Republican in Congress, killed his Parliamentary aide Laurie Clausautis in 2011, without providing any concrete evidence.

Timotie Clausautis, the widow of the lady, eventually sent a message to Twitter President Jacques Dorsey, reported by several American media on Tuesday, writing: "Please cross out these tweets ... My wife deserves better than that."

"I ask you to interfere because the President of the United States seized something that he does not have the right to remember the memory of my late wife, and spoil him with political calculations," he added.

Jack Dorsey did not respond to this request publicly on Tuesday and the tweets were not removed.

Source: RT + APB

By .... Nadeemy Haded

Tuesday, 26 May 2020 17:53

India caught "spy dove"

 

Officials in India announced the arrest of a suspected bird trained to spy for Pakistan, the bitter neighbor.

Sky News reported that villagers living near the Indo-Pakistan border arrested Pigeon, specifically in the disputed Kashmir region.

Officials in India suspect that the dove is carrying an encrypted message, expressing their belief that it is trained to spy for Pakistan.

They added that the security services are trying to decode the message that was hanging at one of the pigeon's feet, indicating that it contains numbers.

A police officer stated that Indian villagers handed the pigeon to the security services, on Sunday, after they said it had been fired by a Pakistani woman on the other side of the border.

He added, "It cannot be confirmed that the dove is used for espionage," saying that the residents who caught it suspected that she was a spy because of the paper attached to her foot and the numbers written on it.

Usually, Pakistanis associate their pigeons with signs placed across them to indicate ownership.

However, which indicates that the dove may have been involved in espionage, the two countries used birds throughout the conflict to carry out information.

Source Sky News

By ... Nadeemy Haded

The French Parliament Speaker and his German counterpart called on Tuesday for the borders between European countries to be opened "as quickly as possible", after weeks of purposeful closure to curb the outbreak of the new Corona virus.

"France and Germany should work in favor of an immediate restoration of freedom of movement within the Schengen space when the conditions are appropriate," said Frenchman Richard Ferrand and German Wolfgang Schaeuble in a joint declaration obtained by "France Press".

And Veran is a member of the centrist party, Emmanuel Macron, the centrist "Republic Forward", while Schaeuble is one of the influential figures in the conservative Chancellor Angela Merkel's party, the Christian Democratic Union.

They emphasized in the document: "The closure of the Franco-German border has already had strong results, going beyond the border region and weighing heavily on the perception of the Franco-German relationship," calling for "rapid action."

The text was released two days after a meeting of the Franco-German Parliamentary Committee, a new platform that brings together parliamentarians set up to enhance relations between the two countries, and is devoted to studying the repercussions of the "Covid 19" epidemic in Europe.

It is assumed, as scheduled so far, that the European internal borders will be opened as of mid-June, but so far European countries have taken separate decisions in this regard, despite calls by the European Commission for more dialogue.

In the same context, German news agency said that Berlin wants to end the travel warning for tourist trips to 31 European countries as of June 15th, if the status of the Corona virus allows it.

She said that a document on European tourism may be approved by the Council of Ministers, on Wednesday, that the government wants to allow travel to 26 other countries in the European Union and Britain, as well as the four countries that are not members of the Union but belong to the Schengen area open borders, which are Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.

On May 18, Foreign Minister Haikou Maas said Germany hoped to ease the travel warning for all overseas trips, which runs through June 15.

Source agencies

By ... Nadeemy Haded

Page 2 of 61

About us

 Castle Journal is an international newspaper with daily electronic edition, received the international license by the United Kingdom number 10675, and accredited by the Egyptian Embassy in London, owned by Abeer Almadawy

Castle Journal expresses on the free and human voice specialized in the diplomatic, cultural and scientific media, it is eager to create a close relationship with the readers, who is our priority and considers them a true partner.

Castle Journal holds all the permits for practicing its duties of journalism in all countries of the world and the international organizations