Castle Journal

Castle Journal

 

US President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that "China's inefficiency" in managing the emerging Corona virus crisis had "killed" a large number of people in the world.

"A fool in China published a statement accusing everyone, with the exception of China, of spreading the epidemic that has claimed hundreds of thousands of lives," Trump wrote in a tweet.

"I would be grateful if you could explain to this fool that China's inefficiency, and nothing else, caused this global mass killing!"

The US President stresses for several weeks that the heavy toll of Covid-19 - which is more than 320,000 deaths in the world - could have been avoided if China acted responsibly since the virus appeared in Wuhan.

A week ago, he threatened to cut all ties with the Chinese giant and confirmed that he did not wish at this time to talk to his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping.

Trump made several accusations against China, including that it had tried to withhold evidence of human-to-human transmission, pressured the World Health Organization not to declare the outbreak of an emergency, refused to share data and samples, and did not allow its scientists to be interviewed and access to its facilities.

China responded on Tuesday, with its Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Legian saying the message was full of slander.

Beijing has accused Trump, who heads the worst-hit country globally, of the epidemic with more than 90,000 deaths recorded, of seeking to "shirk his obligations" toward the organization.

Source agencies

By : Nadeemy Haded

 

By:Nadeemy Haded

A recent study on Mars revealed that some mysterious terrain on the surface of the Red Planet may have been caused by an outpouring of mud, not from the outflow of lava-like lava as previously thought.

The study, published in the journal Nature Geosciences, indicated that some mysterious terrain of Mars, which was interpreted as possibly caused by a lava flow, may have been caused by a mud flow.

An international team of researchers reached these conclusions after studying the spread of mud in what is known as the "Martian Chamber" in the Open University in Britain, which simulates conditions based on Mars, according to what reported by AFP.

In the Martian Chamber, the atmospheric pressure is similar to the atmosphere in Mars, that is, it is about 150 times lower than it is on Earth, and the temperatures in it are often below zero.

A statement of the National Center for Scientific Research in France said, "Mud under such conditions behaves like lava and forms many folds."

"The apparent flows of Mars images that we are studying as being caused by lava may also be caused by muddy," said Susan Conway, a researcher at the center.

She added that these mud flows "belonging to millions, or even billions of years," needed "large quantities of water" to form on the surface of Mars.

The researchers said that the flow of dirt under Mars conditions differs in terms of behavior from those on the surface of the Earth, and that includes other calculations, such as the speed of freezing due to low temperatures on the red planet, and forming an icy crust.

Astronomers had previously detected those lava-like structures in pictures taken by NASA satellites, and they believed they originated from ancient volcanic activity on Mars.

Source agencies

 

By:Nadeemy Haded

Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Inter Milan plan to play a series of friendly matches, next year, aimed at raising funds for medical facilities in Italy and Spain.

The tripartite tournament has been dubbed the "European Solidarity Cup", and thousands of medical personnel and caregivers are scheduled to receive tickets to attend the matches in honor of their work in the fight against the emerging Corona Virus pandemic.

Match times are to be decided when the 2021 schedule is clear and the fans are allowed to return to the stadiums, the Associated Press reported.

In two parallel steps indicating a return that may be close to the best two football tournaments in the world, the Spanish League players returned to group training on Monday, while their counterparts in England will take the same step on Tuesday.

The Spanish move comes after the German League became the first football league in the world to resume its matches over the weekend.

The Premier League clubs will return to training on Tuesday, after agreeing to allow stakes from "small groups" at the start, while normal training exercises, which include docks, are expected to return next week.

Source agencies

 

By:Nadeemy Haded

Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo returned to his Juventus club, Tuesday, for the first time after an absence of nearly 10 weeks, due to the outbreak of the new Corona virus.

After spending a two-week isolation period at his home in Turin, Cristiano Ronaldo himself drove his dark-glass jeep to the Juventus training team's "Continassa".

Ronaldo, 35, is expected to undergo medical and physical exams before joining his colleagues in the training of the old lady's team, according to reports in local newspapers.

Juventus players had returned to their individual training as of May 4, the same day that Ronaldo, who won the golden ball for the best player in the world 5 times, returned to Turin after two months spent in Portugal, according to Agence France-Presse.

It is noteworthy that the Portuguese star had played his last game in the ranks of Juventus when he beat Inter Milan with two goals without charge on March 8, before the Italian league stopped the next day due to the outbreak of the new Corona virus that caused the Covid-19 epidemic, which claimed more lives From 32 thousand people in Italy.

Before the Italian league pauses, the Juventus team, which won the title in the past eight seasons, was ahead of the Lazio capital team by one point in the lead of the domestic league.

Returning to the team’s training headquarters, Ronaldo became the first foreign player among the players who left Italy during the quarantine period to return to the training headquarters.

The Italian League has been hoping that the clubs will resume their group training as of Monday, but the scientific and technical committee has not yet agreed to the health protocol, to announce its decision officially within this week.

The Italian Football Federation also issued a statement, on Monday evening, confirming that all of its competitions will remain suspended until June 14, according to the government decree issued on Monday also in this regard, as Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte indicated that his government needs "more guarantees" before it is given the light Green to resume local league activity.

Source agencies

 

By:Nadeemy Haded

US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was unable to control herself when asked to comment on President Donald Trump's decision to take hydroxychloroquine against infection with the new Coronavirus without any medical supervision.

In response to a question during an interview with CNN, Nancy Pelosi said: "He is our president, and I prefer not to take anything that scientists have not agreed upon, especially for those of his age, weight, and to say from those who are obese."

Donald Trump is 73, and his latest tests confirmed in February last year that he had exceeded the official threshold for describing him as "obese", with a BMI of 30.4.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the body mass index of a person who exceeds the mass of 40 is considered "excessive" obesity, which some also call "pathological obesity."

Trump had reaffirmed his use of hydroxychloroquine even though he had no Covid-19 disease and had no symptoms.

"I have been taking it for about a week and a half, I am taking one pill daily," Trump told reporters at the White House, explaining that at a certain time he will stop taking it, according to the British newspaper, The Guardian.

For his part, the US Senate Democratic leader, Chuck Schumer, described Trump's statements about taking hydroxychloroquine as "dangerous."

"Maybe he is not taking this drug, because the president is lying about many things and distinctively," Schumer said on the MSNBC news channel.

He added: "I don't know whether Trump is taking the drug or not. What I know is that he claims to take it, and whether or not it is, he is reckless, reckless, reckless."

Many prominent doctors have expressed concern that people, like Trump, will conclude that the drug is effective or safe.

The President of the American Medical Association, Patrice Harris, commented: "There is no evidence that hydroxychloroquine is effective in treating or preventing Covid-19," and added that "the results so far are not promising."

David Arunov, head of the Department of Infectious Diseases at the University of Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville, said that people like Trump should not conclude that the drug has proven to be effective in treatment, because it is not.

Source agencies

 

By:Nadeemy Haded

The war of words between US President Donald Trump and China continues, against the backdrop of the new Corona virus, and the role of the World Health Organization in addressing this pandemic.

On Tuesday, China responded to Trump's accusations of the World Health Organization that it ignored reports of the spread of the new corona virus in Wuhan in December 2019, and that Chinese President Xi Jinping pressed the organization to say that the virus did not pose a health threat to the world.

Beijing has accused Trump of evading his responsibilities towards the World Health Organization, after threatening to withdraw from the UN, and giving her a month to carry out fundamental reforms, otherwise she will face a freeze in funding and a suspension of US membership in it.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Legian said that Trump aims to "tarnish China's image" and "evade his responsibilities" related to his obligations to the organization, according to Agence France-Presse.

Donald Trump had given the World Health Organization (WHO), Tuesday, 30 days for fundamental reforms, and made clear in a letter to the organization that it ignored reports of the spread of the new corona virus in Wuhan in late December, and said that the organization "published misleading information about the Corona virus, especially since it does not Transmitted between humans. "

Trump confirmed that the World Health Organization had failed to publicly invite China to open an independent investigation into the source of the Corona virus, the cause of the Covid-19 epidemic.

According to Trump, the Chinese president pressured the organization to say that the virus does not pose a health threat to the world.

It is noteworthy that Trump, for weeks, has been accusing the "global health" of not issuing a sufficiently early warning about the virus and blindly failing behind China with covering up the scale of the epidemic when it appeared in Wuhan.

It is noteworthy that the United States is the largest financier of the World Health Organization, with a financial contribution amounting to about 450 million dollars annually.

On the other hand, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said yesterday, Monday, that it is too early to initiate an investigation into the origins and spread of the Corona virus, which has caused the death of more than 300 thousand people around the world, according to Reuters.

The ministry spokesman said that the vast majority of countries in the world believe that the epidemic is not over.

Source agencies

 

By:Nadeemy Haded

A study by the WHO regional branch in Europe, covering 45 countries, showed that the mental health of adolescents on the continent has been deteriorating since 2014.

"One in every 4 adolescents in Europe reports feelings of anxiety, excitement, or difficulty sleeping every week," the study said, noting that there are gender differences according to age and socio-economic conditions.

The study showed that the male condition was better than the female, as 41% of them reported that they feel good mental health compared to 33% of the girls.

Adolescents in low-income families were more reporting multiple health problems in more than a third of countries, AFP reported.

"How we respond to this growing problem will resonate for generations," said Hans Klug, Regional Director of the World Health Organization in Europe.

He added: "Investing in young people, for example, by ensuring that they have access to mental health services appropriate to their needs, will pay off in 3 levels: achieving healthy, social and economic gains for adolescents today, tomorrow's adults and future generations."

This study, called "Study of Healthy Behavior among School-Age Boys", is conducted every 4 years under the auspices of the World Health Organization in Europe, and examines the health and behavior of children ages 11, 13 and 15.

Of the 227,441 teenagers who participated in the study, in 2017 and 2018, it was found that 35 percent used "social media" "intensively", with a peak of 63 percent of 15-year-old Italian girls, compared to 12 percent of Albanians at the age of 11 years.

The study also showed that smoking among young people has decreased since 2014 by 4 percentage points among boys at the age of 13 years, and 7 points among adolescents at the age of 15 years.

In the 11-year-old category, 5 percent of boys and 2 percent of girls said they smoke, while 29 percent of males and 27 percent of females at the age of 15 said this, and alcohol consumption among adolescents decreased from 38 percent to 35 percent.

Source Sky News

Page 4 of 61

About us

 Castle Journal is an international newspaper with daily electronic edition, received the international license by the United Kingdom number 10675, and accredited by the Egyptian Embassy in London, owned by Abeer Almadawy

Castle Journal expresses on the free and human voice specialized in the diplomatic, cultural and scientific media, it is eager to create a close relationship with the readers, who is our priority and considers them a true partner.

Castle Journal holds all the permits for practicing its duties of journalism in all countries of the world and the international organizations