A senior official in the German Football Association has warned that the country's largest sports organization faces the risk of bankruptcy in the event that international matches, which are due to the needs of the new Corona virus, are not resumed.
The Federation's treasurer, Stefan Osnabrugge, said during an exceptional meeting on Monday that the union is facing the deepest economic crisis in its modern history.
Osnabrugge, the widely circulated German newspaper, quoted statements that he hoped will resume international matches in the second half of this year.
He added: "In other words, if there are no more international matches this year, the Union will go bankrupt. We have to act in a very rational, economic way to reduce losses as much as possible."
The official stressed the need to adopt large financial cuts to avoid the worst scenario, in light of the possibility of the Union this year suffered financial losses amounting to 77 million euros, due to the epidemic of "Covid 19".
He said that the loss of 77 million euros will not lead to the bankruptcy of the union, as it is possible to rely on assets and financial liquidity of 13.8 million euros to mitigate the impact of these losses.
But he hopes to avoid having to cancel jobs, knowing that the union has reduced the working hours of many of its employees as of March 1, according to the "Euro News" news network.
The German Football Association was taken
Al-Qadd added additional austerity measures that included freezing salary increases, and reducing the salaries of its managers by rates ranging between 10 and 30 percent.
The federation is the largest sports body in Germany, and according to 2019 figures, it has under its umbrella 7.1 million members.
By ... Nadeemy Haded
Children have always been a dilemma for doctors with respect to the emerging coronavirus, sometimes they say they are less susceptible to disease and others say there is no difference between small and large for the epidemic.
This is a cause of confusion for parents. Should they put their children on masks and protect them against HIV?
A Japanese medical group answered this question, and said that the masks should not be used for children under two years of age, because they may cause them to breathe and increase the risk of suffocation, but may affect the performance of their hearts.
The group appealed to parents not to use it with their children, as the country began easing the measures that had been imposed to contain the spread of the Coronavirus, and for some activities to return again.
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe lifted the emergency in Tokyo and the four remaining regions, on Monday, after numbers of new infections declined across the country, but he warned that restrictions could be imposed again if the virus begins to spread again.
Health experts around the world recommend using gags when social divergence cannot be maintained, to prevent the spread of the disease, as countries begin easing restrictions that they contain.
But the Japan Pediatric Association has warned that masks are too dangerous for children under two years of age.
The association said: "Gags may cause breathing difficulties because the air passages are narrow in infants, which increases the burden on their hearts," noting that the gags also increase the risk of high temperature.
"Let's stop using gags for children under two years of age," the association said in a note posted on its website.
She added that "until now, there have been very few numbers of serious cases of illness among children, and that most of those who have been exposed to the disease have been infected by family members, but no outbreaks have appeared in schools or nurseries."
The American Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Academy of Pediatrics say that no masks should be used for children under two years of age.
By ... Nadeemy Haded
A US biotechnology company began injecting a candidate vaccine to counter the emerging coronavirus, in people in Australia, on Tuesday, hoping to officially launch it later this year.
Paul Griffin, an infectious disease expert with Australian network "Nucleus", said the experiment began with the injection of 6 volunteers with a possible vaccine in Melbourne, Tuesday.
Novavax will inject 131 volunteers in the first phase of the experiment, to test the safety of the vaccine and look for signs of its efficacy, said Dr. Gregory Glen, head of research at the company.
Nearly 12 experimental vaccines against the virus are still in the early stages of testing or about to start, mostly in China, the United States, and Europe, but it is not clear that any of them will prove safe and effective.
But many companies operate in different ways, and manufacture vaccines using various technologies, increasing the chances of at least one approach succeeding.
"We are preparing parallel doses, making the vaccine in anticipation that we will be able to show that it is effective, and we can start spreading it by the end of this year," Glenn said during a press conference at the company's headquarters in Melbourne.
Animal testing showed vaccine efficacy at low doses.
Glenn said "Novafax" could manufacture at least 100 million doses this year, and 1.5 billion doses in 2021.
He explained that the manufacture of the vaccine, which was dubbed "NVX-CoV 2373", came after 388 million dollars were allocated by a Korean alliance to devise a vaccine since last March.
Novavax said the results of the first phase of clinical trials are expected to be announced in Melbourne and Brisbane next July.
Thousands of volunteers will participate in several countries in the second phase.
By ... Nadeemy Haded
Albert Mimi, a French writer and sociologist of Tunisian origin, who is best known for his human novels including "La Stato de Cel" and his works on "Judaism", colonialism and racism, died in Paris at the age of 99, according to what one of his close associates told AFP on Sunday.
"He died very quietly on Thursday night, Friday," said Guy Douga, honorary professor at the University of Montpellier 3, who has collaborated with the author for decades.
Mimi was born in the year 1920 in Tunisia when she was a French colony, to a modest Jewish family who speaks Arabic, and discovered his talent very early on Albert Camus and Jean-Paul Sartre, who wrote the introductions of his first works.
The writer and researcher did not stop seeking to build bridges between East and West, Europe and the Maghreb, and through his writings he contributed to the development of human thought, including articles on "Judaism", the concept he formulated in the seventies, colonialism and racism.
The French ambassador to Tunisia, Olivier Bouvre Darfur, also announced his death on his Facebook account on Sunday, and said in connection with Agence France-Presse, "It is a great intellectual conscience, anti-colonial, and at the same time is certain that it will no longer have a place in an independent Tunisia." ".
"He is a great North African writer, whom Sartre and Camus considered a great Maghreb writer
By ... Nadeemy Haded
On Wednesday, Russia recorded the highest daily death toll from the new Coronavirus, on its territory, reaching 135 deaths, bringing the total number of deaths in the country to nearly 3,000.
The total number of infections in Russia due to the Corona virus has exceeded 300,000, while the Covid-19 disease caused by the virus has recovered more than 85,000 people.
Russia has recorded significantly fewer deaths than reported by countries that have experienced a large outbreak of the epidemic, but observers have questioned the official death rate, accusing the authorities of not disclosing the true figures to reduce the scale of the crisis.
Russian health officials attribute the low number, compared to that recorded in the United States and parts of Europe, that Russia only counts deaths caused by the virus.
The authorities also indicate that Russia had more time to prepare a family in hospitals and launch a large-scale screening process to slow the outbreak of the virus, given that it arrived late compared to European countries and the United States.
The official total death toll was 2972, while the number of injuries reached 308 thousand and 705.
For the first time on Wednesday, the number of patients who recovered in Russia in the last 24 hours (9262) exceeded the number of those confirmed confirmed, while the number of injured people has now decreased by 633 cases.
The number of new infections reached 8,864, the lowest daily increase since May 1.
Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Michaustin returned to work on Tuesday, after being hospitalized for having Covid-19.
On Wednesday, Michelstein said the new Corona virus outbreak in Russia was entering a more stable phase, while he warned that restrictions should be removed with caution in the 17 regions allowed to take these steps.
By : Nadeemy Haded
Tottenham Hotspur defender Serge Uriet is in "trouble" with the British authorities, due to a haircut.
Tottenham's English defender, Serge Uriet, posted a picture of him on his personal account on Instagram boasting about his new haircut, which necessitated the opening of an investigation that he did not adhere to the instructions for social divergence during the outbreak of the Corona virus in the emerging epidemic in Britain.
"We are investigating the circumstances and we will deal with the incident as appropriate," Tottenham said in a statement.
Uriet was photographed upon his team's training center on Wednesday, and the club's lineup will begin its training in small groups after obtaining the results of the "Covid-19" virus test from the Premier League.
Orih had twice violated the government's recommendations during the outbreak of the Corona virus pandemic after he went out to run with a friend and did exercises near his fellow London club Frenchman Moussa Sissoko.
Tottenham had previously warned Portuguese coach Jose Mourinho and many of his players of breaking the laws of total isolation in the United Kingdom, after posting pictures of them on social networks while training in a green space in the capital London.
Mourinho was photographed with French Tangoy Ndombele at a training session in a park in the northern suburbs of the capital, where two other players from Tottenham were seen, the Colombian Davinson Sanchez and Ryan Cincinnon running side by side.
Mourinho admitted that he made a mistake and made an apology.
By : Nadeemy Haded
According to press reports, North Korea will face an alarming food shortage this year due to the measures imposed to contain the emerging Corona virus (Covid 19), which threatens to "another famine" in the isolated communist countries.
According to the newspaper, "South Korea", quoted by the South Korean Ministry of Unity, on Tuesday, the shortage of food in the north may reach 860 thousand tons.
In an effort to manage the crisis, North Korea's state media has called on the country's citizens to increase agricultural production, in order to bridge the shortfall caused by declining imports.
North Korea is facing difficulties in importing due to Western sanctions imposed, due to the nuclear and missile program, as well as the closure of borders due to the outbreak of the Corona epidemic.
An official at the South Korean Unification Ministry stated that the North has had difficulties importing grain since the border was closed in January, in order to fight the epidemic.
Last year, North Korea produced 4.64 million tons of grain, 15 percent less than the 5.5 million tons ceiling it needs to meet the needs of its citizens.
Moreover, North Korea suffers a chronic shortage, estimated at 1 million tons of grain, annually, and it is mostly imported from neighboring and allied China.
On Monday, the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization indicated that countries with fragile diets may suffer crises from the aftermath of the emerging Corona virus.
Experts say that North Korea desperately needs to achieve self-sufficiency until the end of the year, pending the holding of the US presidential elections, especially since Pyongyang is betting that it remains in a strong position against the United States.
Last June, South Korea provided 50,000 tons of rice to North Korea through the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization.
North Korea suffered a prolonged famine between 1994 and 1998, due to various factors ranging from the loss of Soviet support to what was described as "mismanagement", as well as the volatile seasons between floods and droughts.
By : Nadeemy Haded