By: Nadeemy Haded
British scientists discovered, by chance, a new type of immune cell that fights most types of cancer, which could lead to significant progress in the course of treatment.
The newspaper "Telegraph" British researchers at the University of "Cardiff" were analyzing blood samples and searching for immune cells that can fight bacteria, before they found a completely new type of "T cell."
T cells form a group of blood lymphocytes, and play a key role in cellular immunity.
The team of researchers said that after the new immune cell was subjected to experiments in the laboratory, it was found that it is able to eliminate most types of cancer, including the prostate, breast and lungs.
In this regard, Professor Andrew Sewell, the lead author of the study and expert on T cells, said it was "not unusual" to find a cell with huge potential to fight cancer.
By: Nadeemy Haded
The Republican-dominated US Senate has rejected 3 attempts by Democrats to obtain documents and evidence in the trial of President Donald Trump, in an early indication that the measures may proceed according to party trends in Trump's interests.
After seriously beginning the third trial of a US president in US history, Senators voted 53 to 47 on a party basis, to block 3 proposals by Democratic leader Chuck Schumer, to issue an order to bring records and documents related to Trump's dealings with Ukraine from the White House, the State Department, and the Office of Management And budget.
Democrats are calling on the Senate to remove Trump from office, because of pressure on Ukraine to conduct an investigation into the activities of former Vice President Joe Biden, his potential political opponent in the presidential election.
Trump, who was held accountable last month in the Democratic-led House of Representatives on charges of abuse of power and obstructing Congress, has denied any wrongdoing, and describes his accountability as a "partisan hoax" to prevent his re-election for a second term this year.
Trump ... the fixed position
Earlier, a senior Trump defense team criticized the entire case, describing it as baseless, while a prominent Democrat said there was "overwhelming" evidence of wrongdoing.
In view of television station cameras, US Supreme Court President John Roberts began trial proceedings and the two sides immediately began quarrels over the trial regulations proposed by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
White House adviser Pat Sibolony, who leads the Trump defense team, attacked the basis for the accusations the Democrats made against the president, saying it had not in any way come close to the US constitution's standards to hold the president accountable.
"The end result will be that the president did not commit any offense ... there is absolutely no case," he said.
Democrats provide evidence
Democratic Representative Adam Schiff, who was involved in leading the accountability inquiry in the House of Representatives, summarized the accusations against Trump, saying he committed "a set of constitutional violations that justify accountability."
He added that although the evidence against Trump is "truly overwhelming", more witness testimonies are necessary to show the full range of irregularities of the president and those surrounding him.
Democrats are demanding the testimony of a number of former and current Trump administration officials, including former National Security Adviser John Bolton.
Senate Majority Leader McConnell unveiled a plan, Monday, for what would have been a speedy trial without listening to new witnesses or offering more evidence, would have allowed Democratic prosecutors and Trump attorneys equally equal 48 hours to present their arguments within four days.
However, this plan was modified and each side was given 3 days to present the initial pleadings. The regulations would also allow the House of Representatives report on accountability to be accepted as evidence at the trial, as Democrats demand.
Democrats had accused McConnell of trying to tamper with the trial by proposing regulations that they said prevented witnesses from testifying and withheld evidence gathered by investigators. McConnell has consistently said that the regulations are similar to those used in the trial of former Democratic President Bill Clinton in 1999.
Under McConnell's plan, the Trump defense team can move early in the trial and ask Senators to dismiss all charges, a suggestion that will likely not get the support needed to make it succeed.
But even if that proposal fails, Trump is almost certain to be acquitted by the 100-member assembly as removing him from office requires the support of a two-thirds majority. However, it is unclear what impact the trial will have on his efforts to win a second term.
Democrats accuse Trump of pressuring Ukraine, an ally, to interfere in US elections at the expense of US national security.
Trump's legal team says there has been no pressure, and that the Democrats' case was based on rumors.
By: Nadeemy Haded
Australia evacuated people from parts of the capital, Canberra, on Wednesday, after a forest fire near the airport, with the return of intense temperatures, while ending a period of calm that lasted for a few days, while the number of uncontrolled fires in the southeast of the country rose again.
The authorities closed the roads, and asked the residents to leave, or to stay away from the outskirts of the east of the capital, while pictures posted on social media showed gray smoke billowing over the suburbs.
There were no reports of human casualties or material damage.
"I can see smoke from my house," said Ken Khaosey, who owns a gymnasium, by phone, as he drove his car to work in the area covered by the evacuation, about 14 km from parliament.
He added: "I am just going to find out what's going on ... and make sure everyone is safe or out of the area."
Hundreds of forest fires in Australia have killed 29 people since September, as well as estimates of the deaths of one billion animals and the burning of 2,500 homes.
Firefighters seized the opportunity of more moderate rains and temperatures during the past week to contain the fires, but the calm period ended on Wednesday with the return of strong winds and high temperatures.
Dozens of fires raged in New South Wales and Victoria today, Wednesday.
Temperatures in Victoria are expected to exceed 32 degrees today while prompting authorities to warn of severe risks of fire in some areas.
Temperatures in New South Wales are expected to reach 40 degrees Celsius tomorrow, Thursday.
By: Nadeemy Haded
Oil prices fell on Wednesday, at a time when IEA expectations for a surplus in the market in the first half of this year were sufficient to remove concerns about the reduction of Libya's crude production.
Brent crude fell 30 cents, or 0.5 percent, to 64.29 dollars a barrel by 07:31 GMT, after falling 0.3 percent on Tuesday. US crude fell 33 cents, or 0.6 percent, to $ 58.05 a barrel, after falling 0.3 percent the day before.
Fatih Birol, director of the International Energy Agency, said he expected the market to witness a surplus of one million barrels per day in the first half of this year.
"I expect an abundance of energy supplies in terms of oil and gas," Birol told the Reuters Global Markets Forum, on Tuesday, while attending the World Economic Forum in Davos.
"This is the reason why the recent incidents, with the killing of Qasim Soleimani and the turmoil in Libya, have not strengthened," Birol said, referring to the killing of an Iranian military commander with an American strike, and Tehran's response, prompting prices to rise briefly earlier this month. World oil prices. "
On Monday, the National Oil Corporation of Libya declared a case of force majeure in loading oil from two main fields.
And unless oil facilities in Libya resume work quickly, the country's oil production will decrease from about 1.2 million barrels per day to only 72,000 barrels per day.
Meanwhile, global financial markets have been destabilized by the emergence of a new strain of the Coronavirus in China, with concerns focused on the potential impact of a pandemic on global growth. The spread of the virus is reported as SARS epidemic between 2002 and 2003.
By: Nadeemy Haded
The Barcelona player, Sergio Busquets, said that the Catalan club can win all the domestic championships and cups in its country, and on all fronts this season.
Busquets explained that the club administration wanted to achieve great victories regardless of the coach who will coach the team, adding that the players hope that the impact of the new coach Kiki Sitten will be positive.
Busquets's comments came in the wake of Barcelona's victory over Granada with a single goal, free of charge, on Sunday evening, in the first match of coach Sittin.
"We are able to win all the tournaments this season," added the player, who helped Spain win the FIFA World Cup in 2010 and European nations in 2012.
It is noteworthy that former Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde was criticized for his playing style, while Sittin presented a system based on possession of the ball, according to the newspaper "Marca" reported.
Regarding the comparison between the coaches, Busquets said, "There is nothing to compare between coaches. Every coach has his own style of soccer."
The Spanish player was pleased with what Ernesto had done, as well as what Sittin was doing with the team now.
Regarding the young Spanish player in Barcelona, Ricard Puig, Busquets said that he entered the game in the second half, and "left a good impression in Barcelona's midfield", adding that the young player has "a lot of qualities and still has a lot to cook, but he is able to Gives us a lot. "
By: Nadeemy Haded
China urged Canada, on Monday, to release Ming Wanzhou, Huawei's chief financial officer, as soon as possible.
"Canada should correct its mistake," said Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang in a press briefing.
Ming was held in Canada about a year ago, and is resisting extradition to the United States, and is expected to appear later Monday in court in Vancouver as part of her extradition case, Reuters reported.
The Canadian Ministry of Justice had said earlier this month that Huawei's chief financial officer may be extradited to Washington because the crimes attributed to her are stipulated in the laws of both countries.
The United States accuses the Huawei's chief financial officer of violating the ban on Iran by lying to HSBC about the Chinese company's relationship with Skycom, a subsidiary of Huawei, which sells communications equipment in Tehran.
Ming's attorneys believe that their client should not be deported to the United States, because the charge of breaching sanctions against Tehran is not a crime in Canada, as these sanctions do not exist.
By: Nadeemy Haded
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe announced on Monday that his country will work to establish a space defense unit, to protect itself from potential threats.
Shinzo Abe said that the new space defense unit will work closely with its US counterpart, launched by President Donald Trump last August, and will cooperate with the Japan Space Exploration Agency.
Japan's decision to create this space defense unit comes as competitors are developing missiles and other technology, according to the Associated Press.
Abe, who gave a political speech on the occasion of the start of the parliamentary session for the new year, said that the "Space Space Mission Unit" will start next April as part of the Japanese Air Self-Defense Force, and that this space unit will be added to an air base in Fushu, the western suburbs of Tokyo.
Turning to the threats that Tokyo should protect itself from, the Japanese Prime Minister said that Japan should defend itself from threats in cyberspace and from electromagnetic interference against Japanese satellites, apparently in reference to the growing concerns of China and Russia searching for Ways to interfere, disable or destroy satellites.
"We will significantly enhance our capabilities and system in order to ensure excellence in these areas," Abe added.
The role of the space unit is to communicate via satellite with other forces in the field, rather than be on the ground.
It is noteworthy that the Japanese Cabinet approved last December a budget of 460 million dollars in space-related projects, and is awaiting the approval of Parliament.