The South Korean Ministry of Unity announced today, Tuesday, that North Korea discharged 3 times the water from the Huang Kang Dam in the area of ​​the Upper Jin River, on the western border from last July until today.

A South Korean official said that the water level at the Bel Seung Bridge reached 2,99 meters and it did not reach a level of concern, and the government is cooperating closely with the concerned authorities to follow the response system, in preparation for the possible rise in the water level in the south.

North Korea had previously drained water from the Huang Kang Dam without prior notice in September 2009, killing 6 residents of a town in Gyeonggi Province. In October of the same year, the two Koreas agreed to inform the North to the South of the advance of water discharge.

Pyongyang had told Seoul 3 times to open the dam doors in the past, but the last notification was in 2013.

The South Korean official stressed that Seoul insists on the need to adhere to the agreements between the two Koreas, expressing his country's regret at the lack of cooperation between the two Koreas on natural disasters due to the strained relations politically and militarily at the present time.

Source: "Yonhap"

By:Nadeemy Haded

Rate this item
(0 votes)

About us

 Castle Journal is an international newspaper with daily electronic edition, received the international license by the United Kingdom number 10675, and accredited by the Egyptian Embassy in London, owned by Abeer Almadawy

Castle Journal expresses on the free and human voice specialized in the diplomatic, cultural and scientific media, it is eager to create a close relationship with the readers, who is our priority and considers them a true partner.

Castle Journal holds all the permits for practicing its duties of journalism in all countries of the world and the international organizations