Indian media reported on Monday that an operation to disengage the Indian and Chinese forces has begun in disputed border areas between the two countries.
ANI reported that the start of the operation in the Jalwan Valley in Ladakh region was the result of extensive diplomatic and military contacts over the past 48 hours.
The agency quoted Indian military sources as saying that the Chinese army returned tents, vehicles and forces to a distance of one or two kilometers from the sites that were agreed to disengage during the talks between the military.
She added that the Chinese heavy armored vehicles are still present deep in areas of the Jalwan Valley, and the Indian army is monitoring the situation with caution.
This development comes after a clash between the Indian and Chinese armies in the Jalwan Valley last month.
New Delhi and Beijing shared the blame for this clash, in which India said its losses amounted to 20 dead and dozens wounded, while China did not reveal the number of its losses, although the Indian side said it had reached 40 dead.
Source: Indian media