By:Nadeemy Haded

Last February, Wuhan, central China, reported thousands of cases of coronavirus every day, but in a dramatic development the city authorities announced, on Thursday, no cases were recorded, either in Wuhan or its province, Khubei.

From the daily nightmare to zero in the original Corona focus, a long and arduous journey that has worked through the Chinese authorities in cooperation with the population there to contain the virus, giving a glimmer of hope to the rest of the world that is fighting the epidemic.

The city was a model for cracking down on the virus, which has killed about 9,000 people worldwide and infected more than 220,000.

The virus began to circulate inside the city in late 2019, especially in the seafood market, and the epidemic soon expanded into the city.

In the early days of the crisis, criticism was directed at the Chinese authorities for slow work in confronting the virus and trying to silence the voices of doctors who warned of the risk of a possible virus spreading.

Thousands of people were injured or dying in field hospitals that were built by China within days in the city, but a senior inspector with the National Health Commission of China, Jiao Yehui, said that the zero result achieved in Wuhan came after a significant development over the past days.

He added that this result means that the containment and treatment tools used by the authorities are highly successful.

The city of Wuhan is subject to complete closure since late January, so that entry or exit is prohibited, and the residents have adhered greatly to their homes, after the authorities published notices in this regard, as an Arab citizen who lives in this city says, with the exception of those with an official permission to enter or Exit.

China prevented all flights to the city, and the movement of trains was stopped and the streets closed, which reduced the spread of the virus in China and the world, but of course it did not stop it.

Li Wangjuan, a member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, said that the decision to lift the closure of Wuhan would be taken only after two consecutive weeks without injuries in the city.

China has sent a number of its senior virus scientists to the infected city, to manage the battle to contain the virus.

Beijing has pushed health care workers from all over China to the epicenter, and has used technology such as using an app that determines whether or not people need quarantine.

The application also determines whether a person poses a danger to others, and it also shares information with the police according to the automated citizen control model.

The authorities announced last week that some workers in vital industries could return to their places of work in Wuhan, one day after Chinese President Xi Jinping visited the city for the first time since the outbreak.

President Xi's visit to the city seemed to indicate significant progress in the battle to contain the Coronavirus, and Chinese media published photos of the closure of field hospitals in Wuhan a few days ago, following the large drop in the number of patients with the virus.

Source agencies

Rate this item
(0 votes)

About us

 Castle Journal is an international newspaper with daily electronic edition, received the international license by the United Kingdom number 10675, and accredited by the Egyptian Embassy in London, owned by Abeer Almadawy

Castle Journal expresses on the free and human voice specialized in the diplomatic, cultural and scientific media, it is eager to create a close relationship with the readers, who is our priority and considers them a true partner.

Castle Journal holds all the permits for practicing its duties of journalism in all countries of the world and the international organizations