The air strike that killed at least 30 civilians in the eastern Afghan province of Nangarhar was not carried out by the Afghan army, but by a US drone, officials said.
"We are aware of allegations of civilian deaths and are working with local officials to ensure that the US military is conducting a raid by a drone against ISIS in that province," US military spokesman Sonny Leggett said Thursday. Stand on the facts. "
Earlier in the day, the State Council announced that the raid carried out last night on the area of Khokiani affected a group of workers, who were resting after picking pine nuts, killing 30 of them and injuring at least 45 others.
Three government officials told Reuters that the raid was carried out with the aim of destroying a hideout of ISIS militants.
The owner of the nuts farm where the incident occurred, Haider Khan, according to "Reuters", that about 150 workers were at the site and a number of them are still missing.