Trump Offers Talks with Iran on a possible new nuclear deal

Date:

US Envoy Announces Trump’s Willingness to Engage in Talks Amid Rising Tensions

In a surprise move, the US envoy has announced that President Trump is willing to engage in talks with Iran to avoid military action. This development comes amid rising tensions between the two nations, with the US imposing stringent sanctions on Iran and Tehran responding with aggressive rhetoric.

trump khomini - C J Global Newspaper

*Key Points*

– The US envoy stated that Trump is willing to engage in talks with Iran without preconditions.

– The offer comes amid rising tensions between the two nations, with the US imposing stringent sanctions on Iran.

– Iran has responded to the offer, stating that it is willing to engage in talks but only if the US lifts its sanctions.

Good reactions from both sides

The US State Department welcomed Iran’s response, stating that it was a positive step towards resolving the crisis. While U.S. special envoy Steve Witkoff said on Sunday ;

“We don’t need to solve everything militarily,” Witkoff told Fox News. 

Trump said earlier this month that he had sent a letter to Khamenei, warning that “there are two ways Iran can be handled: militarily, or you make a deal.”

From its side Iranian Reaction towards the invitation; The Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif stated that Iran was willing to engage in talks but only if the US lifted its sanctions.

Though that Khamenei rejected the U.S. offer for talks as “a deception,” saying negotiating with the Trump administration would “tighten the knot of sanctions and increase pressure on Iran.”

However, Iran’s foreign minister, Abbas Araqchi, said on Thursday that Tehran would soon reply to both the letter’s “threats and opportunities.” He cautioned on Sunday that talks with the U.S. are impossible unless Washington changes its pressure policy.

Though it seems a good start to prevent an expected war, but the International Reactions were worried as The European Union welcomed the development, stating that it was a positive step towards resolving the crisis.

What’s Next?

The offer of talks between the US and Iran is a significant development, but it remains to be seen whether the two nations can reach a mutually acceptable agreement. The US has stated that it is willing to engage in talks without preconditions, but Iran has made it clear that it will only engage in talks if the US lifts its sanctions.

The coming days and weeks will be crucial in determining whether the two nations can reach a peaceful resolution to the crisis.

As President Trump has said, this is coming to a head. All options are on the table and it is time for Iran to walk away completely from its desire to have a nuclear weapon.”

Tehran has long said the program is only for peaceful purposes.

U.N. nuclear watchdog chief Rafael Grossi said last month that time is running out for a deal to rein in Iran’s nuclear program as Tehran continues to accelerate its enrichment of uranium to near weapons grade.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Trump and El-Sisi Discuss Gaza Crisis With Middle East Unrest in Urgent Call

Cairo, Egypt - April 1, 2025In a hastily arranged...

TRUMP IMPOSES TARIFFS ON EUROPEAN UNION

In a move that's expected to escalate tensions between...

NASA Announces Groundbreaking Discovery on Mars, Revealing Evidence of Ancient Life

Houston, TX - April 2, 2025In a historic press...

BREAKING: Dow Jones Surges 300 Points as Trump Announces Sweeping Tax Cuts

New York - April 2, 2025In a move aimed...