The Ministry of Corrections and Prisons in Thailand plans to convert 72 prisons across the country into tourist attractions.
"Contests for" chefs and bar staff "will be held in the prisons," Bangkok Post "newspaper quoted Thai Justice Minister Somsak Teppsutin as saying, and there will be shops where visitors can buy things made by prisoners.
The minister said that this plan will already be implemented in five prisons. He added that various types of entertainment had already been placed inside prisons for tourists to watch, for example, "cooks behind bars" to promote careers in various fields, and "to prepare prisoners to return to normal life in society and change the image of correctional institutions."
The project will be expanded in fiscal year 2021. A total of 72 prisons and correctional institutions will participate in it, that is, half of the 143 prisons nationwide.
The Kremlin has described the allegations of involvement in the "poisoning" of blogger Alexei Navalny as untrue and empty hype, and this cannot be taken seriously.
During a conversation with reporters, Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov was asked to comment on Navalny's supporters, who blamed the Kremlin for "poisoning" the opponent, and on Vladimir Putin personally.
Peskov told reporters, "We cannot take the accusations you have taken seriously. These are accusations that cannot be true at all in any way, and they are empty noise. Therefore, we do not intend to take them seriously."
Pskov indicated that the Kremlin does not yet see a reason for a criminal investigation into the accident, and an investigation will be conducted in the event that the poisoning process is proven.
The Russian presidential spokesman announced that the Russian doctors were ready to provide their German colleagues with the results of Navalny's first tests, pointing out that the Russian doctors had fought for three days to save the life of the opponent, "and maybe they saved this life."
Peskov stressed that the Kremlin sees the main thing now that Navalny is being helped to recover.
And the Charité clinic in Berlin had reported earlier, that Navalny had been poisoned with a substance from the group of cholinesterase inhibitors, and the specific substance was still unknown, and additional tests were being conducted, and he was being treated with atropine.
The staff of the French National Institute for Health and Medical Research believes that at least 1,800 deaths must be added to the death toll recorded due to Covid-19 in France.
The mentioned figure relates to deaths that occurred in homes, not in medical institutions.
"France Info" radio station quoted Gregoire Rey, director of the Institute for the Study of the Causes of Deaths at the institute: "From March 1 to May 31, 1,800 home deaths due to Covid-19 were officially registered in the country, and experts expected this. The number is approx. "
According to him, this number should increase in the near future because 10% of the French regions
No relevant information has yet been provided. The expert believes, that this number is expected to increase "by several hundreds or even thousands."
United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres said, in a video message, that about 120 million people working in the tourism sector may lose their jobs due to the effects of the emerging corona virus epidemic.
"The tourism sector employs one in ten people on earth, and provides livelihoods for hundreds of millions more," Guterres added.
The Secretary-General indicated that the Corona virus epidemic is destroying the tourism industry. According to him, in the first five months of 2020, "international tourism flows fell by more than half, and revenues from international tourism services decreased by approximately 320 billion dollars."
“There are about 120 million jobs directly at risk in the tourism sector, many of them in the informal economy or small and medium enterprises, where women and youth make up a large proportion of workers,” Guterres said.
The US dollar weakened on Tuesday, driven by news of a successful contact between the United States and China.
While the dollar fell, both the Australian pound and the Chinese yuan rose after contact between senior US and Chinese trade officials, which was described as a "successful connection".
This has boosted investor confidence that trade relations can last even as differences prevail in diplomatic relations between the two countries, according to Reuters.
During the call, which was mainly scheduled for August 15th, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and Treasury Secretary Stephen Mnuchin spoke with Chinese Deputy Prime Minister Liuhe.
Washington said the two sides "expect progress", while the Chinese Ministry of Commerce described the talks as "constructive."
This positive news led to the Australian dollar rising 0.2 percent to settle at $ 0.7171, and the Chinese yuan rising slightly to reach 6.9070.
It also led to the decline of the US currency against the euro 0.2 percent to $ 1.1813, and the same versus the pound to $ 1.3088.
The Belarusian Defense Ministry said today, Monday, that Russia will supply advanced types of air defense systems to Belarus, among other weapons.
The ministry stated, in a statement posted on its website, that the supply of these systems will be based on the cooperation plan for the period between 2021 and 2025, which the Belarusian military delegation signed with the Russian company "Almaz-Ante" specialized in the manufacture of weapons.
The statement indicated that the delegation headed by Deputy Defense Minister Sergei Simonenko, during its visit to Russia, was briefed on the advanced types of weapons presented at the Military-Technical Forum "Army - 2020". The delegation also met with leaders of the Russian Federation for Military-Technical Cooperation and representatives of Russian war factories
The statement also stated that the two sides signed "a number of mutually beneficial contracts" for the supply, repair and maintenance of military equipment, foremost of which are the supply of two battalions of infantry transport vehicles and the first batch of 4 Mi-35M helicopters.
Canada is pressing Iran to get more answers regarding Tehran's shooting down of a Ukrainian airliner in January, after Iran announced, on Sunday, information that Canada described as "limited and selected."
Canadian Transport Minister Marc Garneau and Canadian Foreign Minister Francois-Philippe Champaign said in a statement last night: "This initial report provides only limited and selected information regarding this tragic event."
They added, "The report does not mention anything other than what happened after the first missile strike, not the second, and it only confirms information that we already know."
The two ministers asked, "The reason for the launching of the two missiles in the first place and the reason for the opening of the airspace."
On Sunday, Transportation Safety Board of Canada questioned why commercial airlines continue to operate in the conflict-affected region.
Under United Nations rules, Iran retains control over the investigation in general, while the United States participates as the country that built the plane and Ukraine as the country to operate it, and Canada also plays a role as the home of many of the ill-fated plane victims.
The Iranian Revolutionary Guard said that it had accidentally shot down the "BS 752" flight of the Ukrainian International Airlines on the eighth of January, thinking it was a missile, at a time when there was severe tension between Iran and the United States.
Many of the accident victims, numbering 176 dead, were Canadian citizens, permanent residents or en route to Canada.
The authorities in Iran reported that an analysis of the two black boxes of the Ukrainian plane showed that it was hit by two missiles 25 seconds apart, and that some of the passengers were still alive for some time after the first explosion.