Sports
Castle Journal

Castle Journal

By: Nadeemy Haded

Hawaii has found the bodies of six people killed in a helicopter crash that disappeared from the radar, on Thursday, Hawaiian local authorities said Saturday.

"We can confirm that there were seven people on board a helicopter and we found six bodies ... There is no evidence that there may be survivors," said an official at the Hawaii Island Fire Department of Kauai.

The news was announced at a press conference nearly 24 hours after the crash, which authorities announced lost on Thursday evening, in a remote terrain with rough terrain as the end of a tour near the famous coast of Na Bali in Hawaii nears.

National Transportation Safety Board records indicate that the accident was at least the ninth of Hawaiian tourism helicopter accidents in the past five years, which is by far the worst.

The confirmed list of those on board during the fateful flight included six passengers, including two children, as well as the pilot, according to Solomon Kanuo, head of the Kauai Provincial Fire Brigade.

Kanuoho added that the fire department in Kauai halted search and recovery efforts Friday afternoon due to fog and low visibility, but plans to resume the operation with the dawn of Saturday.

The cause of the crash was not yet known, but Kanuhu said the crash site had witnessed "very bad weather conditions" before the accident, adding that the helicopter had crashed in an area along its designated path.

Source: Agencies

By: Nadeemy Haded

The dean of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, Patrick Joffe, has revealed that the chances of the collapse of the historic building dating back to the 12th century and suffered earlier this year a fire of up to 50%.

In an interview published yesterday, Joffe explained, "The Associated Press" that although the stone structure of the building is still fixed, the danger today is that the scaffolding that was erected at the back of the cathedral could collapse during its restoration work prior to the fire, which threatens to collapse parts. Great building.

The Dean of Notre Dame indicated that the removal of these scaffolding, consisting of about 50 thousand tubes, would allow the building to be secured, and this is the task from which the year 2021 is expected to launch large-scale restoration work for one of the most prominent symbols of the French capital.

After that, the cathedral restoration authorities will have to assess the condition of the building and find the stone components that must be replaced.

According to the best expectations, Joffe stressed that the cathedral will not open its doors to tourists and worshipers until after at least three years, but that the complete restoration will take longer, as experts question the President, Emmanuel Macron, plans to finish the restoration work before 2024.

No Christmas mass was held in Notre Dame this year, for the first time since the French Revolution in the late 18th century.

Source: Associated Press

 

The Philippine authorities announced, on Thursday, that Hurricane "Fanfon" hit remote villages and popular tourist areas in the middle of the country on Christmas Day, killing at least 16 people.

The wind reached a speed of 195 kilometers per hour, tearing down the roofs of houses and uprooting electricity poles in several regions of the Philippines, Wednesday.

As the Internet and telephone communications continue to be severely disrupted, Thursday's authorities could not immediately assess the damage caused by the hurricane.

But the Disaster Agency authorities confirmed the death of at least 16 people, in villages and towns in the central Visayas region.

"Fanfon" also hit Boracay and Coron, and other areas famous for the sandy white beaches that tourists go to spend their holidays.

The Kalibo airport serving Boracay was also badly damaged, according to a South Korean tourist who was stuck there and managed to send some pictures to "AFP".

"The roads are still blocked, but efforts have been made to remove the debris. It is very bad. It seems like 100 meters away from the airport is ruined. There are a lot of people frustrated at the airport because of the cancellation of flights," Jong Byung said on Instagram. ".

He continued: "Taxis work but the wind is strong and it is still raining, so no one wants to leave the airport, including me."

Although noticeably less powerful, Fanfon is on a similar path to Typhoon Haiyan, which is still considered the most powerful and bloody in the history of the Philippines, leaving thousands of dead and missing.

"He's like Hayyan's younger brother, who is less destructive but follows a similar path," Cindy Ferrer, media officer of the disaster department in the West Visayas region, told AFP.

Hurricane Fanfon caused millions of people a miserable birthday, with thousands heading to shelters in the predominantly Catholic archipelago.

Source Sky News

Japan executed a Chinese man after he was convicted of the murder of a family of 4, in his first death sentence to be carried out by a foreigner since the details of the sentences carried out in 2007 were revealed.

Media reported that the Chinese, Wei Wei, 40, committed the crime in mid-2003 with two other partners, who are also from China.

The two partners fled to China and were arrested there, according to Reuters.

One was executed in China in 2005, and the other was sentenced to life imprisonment.

Japan is one of only two countries in the Group of Seven that maintains the death penalty, along with the United States.

Before 2007, the identity of those who carried out the death penalty was not revealed.

Source: Routers

 

Officials said that a fire broke out in a large apartment building, which represents a transitional shelter for the poor in the city center of Minneapolis, at an early hour, which left 250 people homeless.

No deaths or serious injuries were reported in the fire.

Three of the residents, lightly injured, were taken to hospital to assess their conditions, while others were treated at the site due to smoke inhalation, officials added.

The city's fire manager, John Frotel, told reporters in front of the complex that the fire broke out before dawn on the second floor of the three-storey building, then the fire spread to the third floor and the higher area of ​​the building.

Frotel added that the cause of the fire was not yet clear, and he expected firefighters to continue until Thursday to be able to put out the fire.

Source agencies

 

The Nigerian authorities have released a former national defense adviser, Sambo Dasuke, who has been in prison since 2015 for theft of $ 2 billion, in response to a court ruling to release him.

Sambo Dasuke spent 4 years behind bars, despite several court rulings ordering the Internal Intelligence Agency, "DSS", to release him on bail.

Dasuke is accused of seizing funds intended for the war against the extremist "Boko Haram" group, and there are allegations that this money was used to finance the 2015 presidential campaign re-election of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

"He was released on Tuesday evening, and he has joined his family since then in Abuja," a senior officer of the DSS said, according to Agence France-Presse.

He added: "Remember that Dasuke obtained bail from the court," noting that he "cannot travel outside the country to receive treatment without court permission, because his case has not yet been decided."

Opponents have been criticized by the Nigerian Intelligence Agency for ignoring court orders to release some of the prominent prisoners.

On Tuesday, the DSS released Omouili ​​Souri, a prominent journalist and opposition activist, who had been detained since August, despite the court's request for his release.

A Syrian, publisher of the "Sahara Reporters" website, is still facing trial for treason and other crimes, but his release on bail came on the order of the public prosecutor.

Source Sky News

 

By: Nadeemy Haded

The European Union court has issued a ruling allowing passengers who suffer burns or damage from hot drinks on board aircraft to sue the company belonging to the passenger plane.

The Sun said the decision was made after looking into the case of a young girl who suffered burns while drinking hot coffee while on an Austrian company flight.

The aforementioned airline denied any responsibility for the accident, "as it is unclear whether the trophy was overturned due to the plane shaking, or a malfunction at the table."

The company added that it is only responsible for the unfortunate incidents directly linked to the flight, which do not include coffee and tea burns on its list.

Source: Novosti

Page 10 of 24

About us

 Castle Journal is an international newspaper with daily electronic edition, received the international license by the United Kingdom number 10675, and accredited by the Egyptian Embassy in London, owned by Abeer Almadawy

Castle Journal expresses on the free and human voice specialized in the diplomatic, cultural and scientific media, it is eager to create a close relationship with the readers, who is our priority and considers them a true partner.

Castle Journal holds all the permits for practicing its duties of journalism in all countries of the world and the international organizations