Castle Journal

Castle Journal

 

By:Nadeemy Haded

The number of prisoners who died while trying to escape from a prison in Venezuela has risen to 46, EFE reported quoting a prison staff member.

It was previously reported that 17 prisoners were killed in the northwestern Portuguese state of Portugal in an attempt to escape, including several prison officials and staff.

The report pointed out that "disturbances affected the public order" inside Los Yanos prison in Ganary (west), when prisoners broke a "security fence in an attempt to escape in a group."

A spokesman for the agency said that the list of victims will increase, because many of the wounded, the number of whom has not yet been determined, are in critical condition.

He also confirmed that the prison director, Carlos Rojo, had been severely stabbed in the back, and that a lieutenant in the National Guard, who had participated in the suppression of the riots, had suffered fragments of an explosive device thrown by a prisoner.

Staff at this guarded prison tried to mediate with the rebellious prisoners. However, the prisoners violently assaulted these employees, wounding the prison director "on his shoulder with a sharp object."

Human Rights Watch, "Observatorio de Venezuelano de Preziones" confirmed the fact of the attempted mass flight, explaining that the correction center originally intended for 750 people was crowded with about 2.5 thousand prisoners held in this prison.

Due to the spread of the new Corona virus in Venezuela, family visits for prisoners have stopped. They often received food and medicine during these visits.

Venezuela suffers from a severe political division as a result of the inauguration of the President of Parliament, Juan Guaido, blew up by the interim president on January 23, 2019, with the support of the United States and Western countries, in the face of President-elect Nicholas Maduro, which has exacerbated the economic crisis that Venezuela is already suffering due to the US sanctions imposed On it for years.

Source: "Novosti"

 

By:Nadeemy Haded

The White House said that senior health official, Anthony Fuchi, will not testify this week before a congressional committee looking into the actions of President Donald Trump's administration in the face of the Coronavirus pandemic.

The White House considered that the testimony of individuals participating in the response to the epidemic is "unproductive."

A spokesman for the House of Representatives committee, which was holding the hearing, had indicated that Trump administration officials had informed the committee that Fuchi would not testify

"As Donald Trump's administration continues to fully confront the Corona virus, including opening America safely again and expediting the development of a vaccine, it is not fruitful to have specific individuals involved in these efforts appear before sessions," White House spokesman Jod Derry said in a statement. Listen in Congress ... We are committed to working with Congress to provide testimony at the appropriate time. "

The spokesman, Evan Hollander, explained that a House subcommittee for allocations overseeing health programs requested a Fuchi certificate at a hearing on May 6. The "Washington Post" newspaper was the first to report that Fuchi will not testify.

Fadlafchi, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, is one of the leading medical experts who helped guide the US response to the highly contagious virus.

The US President has repeatedly clashed with the Democrat-dominated House of Representatives due to the House’s moves to investigate the president’s actions or his administration’s actions.

Democrats criticized Trump, saying he had failed to devise a comprehensive and effective plan to screen Americans for Coronavirus infection and track contact with those infected.

Source: Reuters

 

By:Nadeemy Haded

About 3,000 crew members of a cruise ship belonging to the German tourism giant TOE have been quarantined after one of them was infected with the Corona virus.

Corona tested 15 crew members of the cruise ship "Main Chef 3" after they showed symptoms of a slight flu, and one of them was diagnosed with Covid-19 disease.

These sailors were isolated on board the ship at Cuxhaven, Germany.

The company said in a statement yesterday, Friday, that all 2899 crew members will remain in quarantine on the ship "until further notice."

She added that some of the crew members who left before last Tuesday, the date of their arrival at the port, were called back to the ship.

The German group indicated that the cruise ship was free of passengers.

"There is no danger to residents of the city and region of Cuxhaven," said district chief Kai-Uffi Bielefeld and mayor of Cuxhaven.

He added, "The group of people who boarded the ship for the disembarkation procedures upon the arrival of the ship are known precisely and were equipped with individual protective equipment."

Source: AFP

 

By:Nadeemy Haded

A US court rejected a lawsuit filed by the American soccer team against the Football Association in which they demanded equal wages with male players.

And in a 32-page decision, a federal judge rejected the claim of the US team, who won the Women's World Championship 4 times, most recently in the last two versions they submitted on March 8.

Judge Gary Klausner of the United States District Court in Central California, Los Angeles, dismissed the argument of wage discrimination that players had filed against the local soccer association regarding their request for equal pay with their male counterparts.

The judge announced the postponement of the consideration of the players' demands regarding unequal treatment in residence, travel and other areas until a later time, knowing that the trial is scheduled to start on June 16, according to Agence France-Presse.

The Klausner decision is a painful blow to the American football team, led by superstar and feminist activist Megan Rabinoy, who has been fighting for their cause for several years.

However, the 28-year-old American women's team will not stop when the suit is rejected, as their spokeswoman, Molly Levinson, said they would "appeal the ruling."

In a statement, Levinson expressed the players ’shock and dissatisfaction with the court’s decision, and said,“ But we will not give up our hard work for equal pay. ”

"We have confidence in our portfolio and we are firm in our commitment to ensure that girls and women who practice this sport are not considered less important because of their gender," she added.

In his ruling, the judge said that women players had in the past rejected an agreement that would have allowed them to receive salaries on an equal basis with men for the national team for men.

He explained that "the history of negotiations between the parties shows that the women's team rejected an offer to obtain the same salaries as men, and that it gave up big rewards as concessions," according to Agence France-Presse.

American women players demand $ 66 million in salary arrears under the Equal Remuneration Act.

Source agencies

 

By:Nadeemy Haded

States are urging citizens, with the recent outbreak of the Coronavirus, to adopt a set of preventive measures, including wearing masks and rubber gloves, which became mandatory when leaving the home in some countries.

The large demand for the purchase of rubber gloves led to the companies achieving great financial returns for them. The shares of the Malaysian company "Top Globe", which produces more than 70 billion pairs of rubber gloves that are used in surgeries annually, rose recently by 14 percent.

With regard to the effectiveness of gloves in protecting against germs and viruses, a section of a doctor in the National Health Service has circulated in Britain, saying that people may cause more harm by wearing gloves in public places.

Dr. Karan Raj explained that wearing gloves can contribute to the further spread of the virus.

However, the World Health Organization and the British National Health Service say items such as face masks and gloves play a "very important role" in clinical health care or surgeries in clinics and hospitals, but there is "very little evidence" that they are useful to members of the public in normal circumstances.

The England Public Health Authority, a body affiliated with the Ministry of Health and Welfare and the World Health Organization, has not advised people to wear gloves or protective masks to protect themselves.

"The commission does not recommend the use of gloves as a precaution against the new Corona virus to the general public," a spokesman for the Public Health Authority in England told the Independent.

"People interested in the transmission of infectious diseases should give priority to personal care, respiratory system and hand hygiene," he added.

For its part, the Public Health Authority in England says, "The best way to protect yourself and others is to wash hands with soap and water (for a period of no less than 20 seconds, or to use sterile gel or a disinfectant (containing 70 percent alcohol) regularly throughout the day. Sneeze in a handkerchief, then dispose of it directly, and wash hands afterwards. "

Among the World Health Organization’s basic advice also is that the best way to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus, which causes the Covid-19 epidemic, is to wash hands with soap and water frequently, rub them with alcohol or use sterile gel properly.

In addition, it is important to avoid touching the eyes, nose or mouth with the hand, as this is how the virus can enter the human body.

Source agencies

Thursday, 30 April 2020 17:51

A new animal in Corona's dock

 

By:Nadeemy Haded

A new German theory, refuting the emergence of the Coruna virus in a wild animal trade market in the Chinese city of Wuhan, has sparked controversy.

In an interview with the newspaper "The Guardian", the chief virologist at the Charette Hospital in Berlin, Christian Drosten, agreed on the validity of the hypothesis that the virus originated in China, but believed that the epidemic started from the place where the intermediate animal that transmitted the disease to humans was raised.

According to Drewsten, the SARS virus was found in the raccoon dog, which is a lucrative business in China because of its fur and civet cat, which is the most expensive source of coffee in the world.

The German scientist says he sees "no reason to assume that the virus passed to humans through the scaly anteater, there is interesting information from ancient SARS studies. This virus was found in civet cats, and also in raccoon dogs, something the media ignored."

He adds to the newspaper: "Raccoon dogs are a huge industry in China, where they are raised on farms and caught in the wild for fur. If someone gives me a few hundreds of thousands of dollars and gives me free access to China to find the source of the virus, I will search in places of raising raccoon dogs ".

Drewstein noted that coronaviruses "tend to alter hosts when there is an opportunity, and we create such opportunities through our abnormal use of animals."

He stressed that livestock "are exposed to wildlife, and are kept in large groups that can amplify the virus, and humans are in close contact with them, for example through the consumption of meat, so they certainly represent a possible pathway for the emergence of coronaviruses."

He continued to the newspaper: "Camels are among the livestock in the Middle East, and they are host to Mers as well as coronavirus HIV 229E, which is one of the causes of the common cold, while cattle were the original host of coronavirus OC43."

It is noteworthy that the finger pointing at the beginning of the emergence of the Corona virus in the world to the bats and then to the ant-scalping eaters, which is considered a meal considered in Chinese culture and is sold at a heavy price in illegal markets for those who believe that it has therapeutic properties.

Source: The Guardian

 

By:Nadeemy Haded

Today, Thursday, Russia's health authorities announced that 101 deaths and 7,099 new cases of Corona virus have been recorded in the past 24 hours, in the highest daily toll since the outbreak in the country.

This brings the total number of people infected in Russia to 106 thousand and 498 infected, and the number of deaths to 1073 cases since the outbreak of the virus began, and is now recovering 11,619 people.

Among those injuries announced today, 3093 cases were recorded in Moscow alone, which is the largest affected region in Russia, while 793 new cases were recorded in its suburbs.

On Wednesday, the Russian Ministry of Defense announced that 1,044 individuals serving in the ranks of the Russian army had been diagnosed with the Corona virus, 82 of whom had recovered.

Source: Agencies

Page 8 of 58

About us

 Castle Journal is an international newspaper with daily electronic edition, received the international license by the United Kingdom number 10675, and accredited by the Egyptian Embassy in London, owned by Abeer Almadawy

Castle Journal expresses on the free and human voice specialized in the diplomatic, cultural and scientific media, it is eager to create a close relationship with the readers, who is our priority and considers them a true partner.

Castle Journal holds all the permits for practicing its duties of journalism in all countries of the world and the international organizations