Castle Journal

Castle Journal

 

Today, Monday, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo thanked US Ambassador to Beijing Terry Bronsted for his services. He praised his contribution to developing relations between the two countries

"I thank Ambassador Terry Bronsted, for his service of more than three years to the American people as the US ambassador to China," the minister said in a tweet. President Donald Trump chose Ambassador Bronsted because he has decades of experience working with China, which has made him the best representative of the administration. He defends American interests and values ​​in this important relationship. "

The US Secretary of State indicated that Bronsted helped make the relationship between the United States and China geared towards achieving results for mutual benefit and in a fair manner.

Bloomberg also reported that Trump said over the weekend that Bronsted would return to the United States because he wanted to participate in the presidential campaign.

Bronsted served for a long time as the governor of Iowa. No information has been released so far on when the diplomat will leave his post, nor on his possible successor to this position.

Source: TASS

 

The authorities in South Africa have confirmed that they are not aware that Iran is preparing a plot to assassinate the US ambassador to the country, Lana Marx.

A spokesman for the South African Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Longa Ngkengili, described in a telephone statement, according to Bloomberg Agency, the American reports on this matter as "surprising" for his country, and the official said: "We only learned of this report this morning."

Ngkinkilili added that South Africa's Minister of International Relations and Cooperation, Nalide Bandur, may issue a statement at a later time.

Yesterday, Sunday, the American Politico website reported that the Iranian government had planned an attempt to assassinate Marx in response to the US assassination of the Quds Force commander in the Iranian revolutionary sense, Qassem Soleimani, on January 3, 2020.

The news site quoted a US government official as saying that the intelligence about the scheme, which began to appear in the spring, has become more specific in recent weeks.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh said, commenting on this news, on Monday: "Such allegations that are not based on any basis are part of the intelligence campaign of (US President Donald) Trump's administration against Iran."

Source: Agencies

 

The International Federation of Football Associations (FIFA) celebrated the achievement of Egyptian star Mohamed Salah, at the opening of the English Premier League, which strengthened his position as king of the opening matches.

Salah became the only player in the history of Liverpool in the English Premier League, to score in the opening match of the League with his team, 4 times in a row.

"The Egyptian king is the first player from Liverpool to ever score on the opening day of the Premier League for four seasons in a row," the FIFA account wrote on Twitter.

He added, "Salah is only the ninth player to score a hat-trick on the opening day of the Premier League season."

Salah scored a hat-trick against Leeds United, on Saturday, to lead Liverpool to a difficult 4-3 victory at the opening of the new Premier League season.

Salah scored for Liverpool in his opening match in the league for the fourth time, an unprecedented number in the history of the "Reds".

Here are the goals Salah scored in his opening matches with Liverpool, in the four seasons he wore the team's shirt:

2017-2018: He scored a goal against Watford in the opening league, the match ended 3-3.

2018-2019: He scored a goal against West Ham in the opening season, the match ended 4-0 in favor of Liverpool.

2019-2020: Score a goal against Norwich City in the opening of the league, the match ended 4-1 in favor of Liverpool.

2020-2021: Scored 3 goals against Leeds United in the opening of the league, the match ended 4-3 in favor of Liverpool.

Source: Agencies

Monday, 14 September 2020 17:22

on from SoftBank

The American company "Nvidia" acquired the British chip design company, "Arm Holdings", for an amount of about $ 40 billion.

Nvidia, the largest US chip maker by market value, and ARM, said on Monday that Oli will buy a British chip designer from SoftBank Group for $ 40 billion in a deal that will reshape the global semiconductor industry.

The deal is expected to put a vital resource for Apple and many other companies in the sector under the control of a single player, and it is likely to face opposition from regulators and Nvidia's competitors.

As for SoftBank, the deal is an early exit from ARM, which it had bought just 4 years ago for $ 32 billion, according to Reuters.

The deal includes $ 21.5 billion in shares, and Nvidia will pay Softbank $ 12 billion in cash, including two billion when signed.

Under the deal, SoftBank and the $ 100 billion Vision Fund, which has a 25 percent stake in ARM, will get between 6.7 and 8.1 percent in Nvidia.

Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang said the deal, which boosts the data center chips sector in his company, supports competition, adding, "The industry will see, for the first time in its history, a real alternative to Intel Corp's dominance of the sector."

With the prospect of opposition looming, Huang said he would maintain ARM's neutral licensing model and expand it by granting Nvidia IP licenses as well for the first time.

It is noteworthy that the British company does not produce the chips, but rather sells licenses for the technology used to manufacture them.

Arm licenses its chip designs and technology to customers including Qualcomm, Apple and Samsung Electronics, and Apple's next Mac computers will use ARM chips.

Huang said the deal would not subject Aram to US export restrictions.

The deal requires regulatory approvals from Britain, the United States and China, and may be subject to strict scrutiny in China, where hundreds of companies, including Huawei, use ARM technology.

The deal to buy the Arm is expected to be completed in March 2022.

Source: Agencies

 

On Monday, the European Union joined the voices condemning Iran's execution of wrestler Nawid Afkar, who was convicted of killing a government employee during anti-government demonstrations in the south of the country in 2018.

"The European Union condemns this execution in the strongest terms," ​​a European Commission spokesman, Peter Stano, said in a statement.

"Human rights remain an essential component of our engagement with Iran. We will continue to communicate with the Iranian authorities on this issue (...) in addition to the separate issues," AFP quoted Stanoe as saying.

Analogous to this last execution

The European official affirmed that "the European Union opposes the death penalty in all circumstances and cases without exception."

"This is a brutal, inhuman punishment that does not have any deterrent effects and represents an unacceptable annulment of human dignity and integrity," he said.

The London-based Amnesty International saw the "secret execution" of my ideas on Saturday as "a horrific farce of justice that needs immediate international action."

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo condemned the execution, which he considered "brutal."

Source: Agencies

 

Germany confirmed, on Monday, that Russian dissident Alexei Navalny had been poisoned with the nerve gas, Novichok, which dates back to the Soviet era, based on reports from specialized laboratories in France and Sweden.

German government spokesman Steffen Seibert said that the OPCW has also received Nafalne samples and is taking steps to test them in its laboratories.

On Monday, Seibert renewed Germany's request that "Russia" clarify what really happened in this regard, according to the "Associated Press."

Navalny, who is the most prominent opponent of Russian President Vladimir Putin, was transported to Germany two days after his illness on August 20, on a domestic flight in Russia, and Berlin demanded Russia to investigate the case.

The "Kremlin" expressed its anger at the calls made by Chancellor Angela Merkel and other leaders in the world to Russia to answer questions in the case, denying any official involvement, and accused the West of trying to discredit Moscow.

Russia accused Germany of delaying cooperation with Russian requests for assistance in the investigation of the case, which Berlin denies.

Navalny was in a coma for more than a week while he was being treated with an antidote, before hospital officials said a week ago that his condition had improved enough to remove him from it, knowing that it is not clear when the Charité Hospital in Berlin will release the latest updates on his condition.

Source: Agencies

 

On Monday, the Director-General of the World Health Organization, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, called on countries of the world to join the "Kovacs" plan before the deadline expires on Friday, to ensure that any vaccine to prevent the emerging corona virus is distributed fairly and effectively.

Tedros said in a regional event of the Organization for Europe that was broadcast on the Internet: "If the people of middle and low-income countries do not receive vaccinations, the virus will continue to kill people, and the global economic recovery will also be delayed," according to Reuters.

So far, 92 low-income countries have sought help through the "Kovacs" plan, which is part of the organization's (Act Accelerator) umbrella to promote the development of vaccines, treatment methods and diagnostics to combat the Covid-19 epidemic.

About 80 of the highest-income countries have expressed interest in the initiative, but many of them must confirm their intention to join by the end of this week.

According to the United Nations Children's Fund, "UNICEF", 28 pharmaceutical companies in ten countries are ready to produce unprecedented quantities of vaccines over the next two years to combat the Covid-19 pandemic.

UNICEF said that 28 vaccine manufacturers have revealed annual production plans for Covid-19 vaccines until 2023.

A UNICEF market assessment revealed that "manufacturing companies are ready to mass produce unprecedented quantities of vaccines over the next year or two."

However, the companies indicated that expectations "depend to a large extent on, among other things, the success of clinical trials, the conclusion of agreements for pre-purchase, confirmation of financing, and simplification of regulatory matters and registration methods."

UNICEF's new role in "Kovacs" stems from its position as the largest single buyer of vaccines in the world.

The United Nations organization stated that it purchases more than two billion doses of vaccines annually for periodic vaccinations and combating disease outbreaks on behalf of nearly 100 countries.

Source: Agencies

Page 4 of 109

About us

 Castle Journal is an international newspaper with daily electronic edition, received the international license by the United Kingdom number 10675, and accredited by the Egyptian Embassy in London, owned by Abeer Almadawy

Castle Journal expresses on the free and human voice specialized in the diplomatic, cultural and scientific media, it is eager to create a close relationship with the readers, who is our priority and considers them a true partner.

Castle Journal holds all the permits for practicing its duties of journalism in all countries of the world and the international organizations