Castle Journal

Castle Journal

 

Fires in the Amazon rainforest have increased to alarming levels, at a time when environmental experts warned that this August will be difficult for the "lung world" forests, and may repeat the disaster last year.

Official data in Brazil showed, on Saturday, that the number of fires raging in the Amazon rainforest is up by 28 percent compared to last year, according to "Reuters".

The Brazilian Space Research Agency recorded 6,803 fires in the Amazon last month, up from 5,318 fires in July 2019.

The Amazon is the largest rainforest in the world.

Although this number represents the highest rate of fires in July in three years, it is considered small compared to the height of those fires in August last year, and then reached about 31 thousand customers, the highest rate in that month in 12 years.

But the worst is yet to come, by withdrawing environmental organizations that say there are disturbing signs of what may come, as the last days of the month show a sharp rise in fire rates.

It reported more than 1,000 fires on July 30, the highest one-day figure for this month since 2005, according to an analysis by "Greenpeace Brazil".

"This is a shocking indication ... We can expect from now that August will be a difficult month and September will be worse," said Ann Alencar, director of the science department at the Amazon Institute for Environmental Research in Brazil.

Environmentalists blame the right-wing president, Jair Bolsonaro, for encouraging loggers, miners, and land sales brokers to destroy forests through his vision of economic development in the region.

On the other hand, Bolsonaro defends his plans to introduce mining and agriculture into reserves as a way to lift the region out of poverty.

Bolsonaro this year issued permission to deploy military forces between May and November to combat forest fires and illegal logging, and to ban fire in the area for 120 days.

In rainforests, scientists see the first line of defense against global warming as it absorbs greenhouse gases.

Source: Agencies

By:Nadeemy Haded

 

NASA astronauts face the final and most important stage of their SpaceX test flight, which is returning to Earth with a rare landing on the water.

The two astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Banken participated in a farewell party, on Saturday, at the International Space Station, hours before their scheduled departure on SpaceX's "Dragon" spacecraft.

Although Hurricane Isaias is approaching, NASA said the weather appeared to be favorable in the afternoon, Sunday, in the Gulf of Mexico near Panama City, Florida.

This will be the first waterfall for astronauts in 45 years, the last time it followed the 1975 US-Soviet joint mission known as Apollo-Soyuz.

The astronauts ’return home from the two-month mission would end the prolonged shortage of US launches that relied on Russian missiles to transport astronauts to the international station since the end of the shuttle era.

With the launch of Hurley and Pinkin from the NASA Kennedy Space Center on May 30, SpaceX became the first private company to send people into space, and is now about to become the first company to bring people back from space.

"The hardest part was launching us, but the most important thing is to bring us back home," said Pinkin, adding that the successful landing of the spacecraft would bring American integration capability fully.

The space station commander, Chris Cassidy, who will stay on board the station with two OCI astronauts until October, presented to Hurley the small American flag, which was left by former astronauts to launch to the Space Station from US soil, in July 2011. Hurley was commander of that shuttle's final mission.

The science, which also boarded the first shuttle flight in 1981, became a prize for the company that launched the astronauts first.

The SpaceX owned by Elon Musk easily outperformed Boeing, which is not expected to launch its first crew until next year, and the flag will accompany another crew to the moon this time in NASA's Artemis program in the next few years.

Source: Agencies

By:Nadeemy Haded

The North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, has announced his country's intention to reinforce its military forces by referring to the "self-nuclear deterrence capability", on the occasion of the 67th anniversary of the end of the Korean War.

The North Korean Central News Agency reported today, Tuesday, that Leader Kim mentioned this while attending the sixth conference of veterans of the Korean War, held in (April 25 Cultural Center in Pyongyang) on ​​Monday, on the occasion of the 67th anniversary of victory in the liberation war and the end of the war. Korean that lasted for 3 years (1950-1953).

Kim said at the beginning of his speech: "Thanks to our reliable and effective capacity for self-nuclear deterrence, there will be no word of war from now on, and it will guarantee the security and future of our country in a permanent and eternal manner."

On the period of the 70 years after the June 25 Korean War, he said: "This period was marked by the continuation of the fierce confrontation against aggression, and we cannot describe it as a period of peace at all. Rather, the confrontation intensified against the threats of imperialism that prevent our development and seek to occupy our country."

He said: "We must also possess deterrent powers so that the war of the fifties of the last century and its pain will not be repeated, so we went on our way to develop the soul as a nuclear state without surrendering to many pressures and challenges that could make other countries collapse", justifying this country's possession of nuclear weapons.

Kim reaffirmed his intention to strengthen the military's deterrent capability, saying, "We have not forgotten the suffering of our comrades who headed north after their colleagues were buried on the bank of the Nakdong River (located in South Korea) due to a lack of gunshots (in the Korean War)."

He said: "Finally, we have become a country that is not shaken by any kind of military pressure and threats from imperialists and aggressive forces, so that we can self-defense."

He expressed his complete confidence, saying: "War is a military clash that can erupt between close competitors in terms of military ability. Now no one is challenging us, and we will not allow anyone to dare on us, and if anyone does so, he will pay a heavy price."

He explained, "We will not stop for a moment, and we are on the way to strengthening the military capacity, according to which no one can approach us."

Kim's participation in the Veterans' Conference is the second of its kind after 2015, out of 5 conferences held since his inauguration.

He was accompanied by his sister Kim Yoo-jung, first vice-chairman of the ruling Workers' Central Committee, leaders of the ruling party, the defense minister, and the chief of staff of the armed forces.

It is noteworthy that North Korea has been holding a conference of Korean war veterans after setting the 27th of July in which the armistice agreement was signed as "Victory Day", as the conference was held in 1993, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2018.

Source: Yonhap

By:Nadeemy Haded

 

US President Donald Trump criticized the American media for its coverage of protests in a number of cities, and said he was promoting "fake news."

Trump, tweeting on his Twitter page, said today, Tuesday, that "fake news", circulated by the media, is trying to portray "protesters" from Portland and Seattle as "wonderful, kind and innocent people who walked out for a short walk."

"In fact, they are sick, disorganized, disorganized, and agitated," he said, noting that it is easy for law enforcement men and women to control the situation there.

Source: Agencies

By:Nadeemy Haded

Tuesday, 28 July 2020 22:14

Hannah "kills two and lost 4 in Mexico

Two people were killed and 4 others were reported missing in Mexico, as storm Hana, which turned into a hurricane, crossed and caused floods in the northeast of the country.

The civil defense said yesterday, Monday, that the two dead were a woman and her daughter, who were washed away by a flood river stream as a result of the storm, while they were trying to cross the Kahila border border with the United States by truck.

The loss of the four people was also recorded in this state, which was hit by heavy rains during the past 48 hours.

More than a thousand Mexicans are still in temporary shelters after the transit of Hana, the first hurricane on the Atlantic coast in 2020.

After this hurricane crossed Texas, accompanied by heavy rain and strong winds, it retreated to a tropical storm.

However, meteorologists have warned of the risk of floods and landslides in northern Mexico.

Source: AFP

By:Nadeemy Haded

 

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has pledged to allocate two billion pounds ($ 2.6 billion) to spend on projects to encourage walking and cycling in his country.

Johnson's move comes as part of a drive to improve public health in the country and encourage abandonment of driving in coronary conditions.

Last Monday, the British Prime Minister urged his citizens to pay more attention to their physical fitness, in conjunction with his government's announcement of plans to ban TV and online commercials for fast foods, before nine in the evening.

The British government aims to reduce the rates of asylum to public health agencies, which will have to deal with any increase in cases of coronavirus infection during the winter, in addition to the stresses caused by seasonal diseases such as influenza.

Johnson said that "biking and walking will play a big role in dealing with some of the biggest health and environmental challenges we face", all in an effort to "help people to become more fit and healthy, to reduce their risk of disease, to improve air quality and reduce overcrowding", like he said.

New British plans in this area include "building thousands of miles of protected bicycle routes, setting higher standards for cycling infrastructure, setting up at least a city-center free of emissions, and facilitating access to electric bicycles".

Source: cnbcarabia.com

By:Nadeemy Haded

 

Gold prices hit record highs, as the dispute between the United States and China intensified, while a weak dollar pushed investors to seek safety in the yellow metal as a hedge in the face of risks to the global economy, which suffers from the Covid-19 pandemic.

And gold jumped in immediate trading to a record level at 1945.16 dollars an ounce (ounce) before retreating slightly to 1935.80 dollars in the late trading session, but it remains 1.8 percent above its level at the beginning of the session.

Gold in US futures rose 1.8 percent to settle at the settlement of $ 1931.00 an ounce.

Silver joined the bullish trend and jumped up to 8 percent to $ 24.57 an ounce, the highest level since August 2013. At the end of the session, silver was 6.98 percent higher at $ 24.33.

The US currency fell to its lowest level in nearly two years with increasing bets that the Federal Reserve will signal another policy shift towards easing when it meets this week, which includes keeping interest rates low for a longer period.

And platinum rose 2.1 percent to 933.80 dollars an ounce, while palladium rose 3.2 percent to 2289.50 dollars an ounce.

Source: Agencies

By:Nadeemy Haded

Page 3 of 93

About us

 Castle Journal is an international newspaper with daily electronic edition, received the international license by the United Kingdom number 10675, and accredited by the Egyptian Embassy in London, owned by Abeer Almadawy

Castle Journal expresses on the free and human voice specialized in the diplomatic, cultural and scientific media, it is eager to create a close relationship with the readers, who is our priority and considers them a true partner.

Castle Journal holds all the permits for practicing its duties of journalism in all countries of the world and the international organizations