Heavy rains continued to fall on the southwestern island of Kyushu, with the possibility of floods Monday morning, amid fears that about 40 people had died.

The floods and mudslides that started at the weekend have killed 21 people so far.

Yoshidi Soga, Secretary-General of the Japanese Cabinet, said that there are 18 other people who show no signs of life, and they are considered dead while awaiting official confirmation, and 13 others have been lost.

"I extend my deepest condolences to those who died as a result of heavy rains," Soga said, adding that about 40,000 Self-Defense Force personnel are participating in the rescue operations.

He pointed out that the shelter centers are also working to prevent the spread of the Corona virus through the distribution of antiseptics, and he urged people to maintain their spacing.

According to Kyodo News, as of Saturday, about 200,000 people had been ordered to vacate their homes.

These floods are the worst natural disaster in Japan since Hurricane "Hagibis" that swept it last October and led to the death of about 90 people.

Source: "Reuters"

By:Nadeemy Haded

Rate this item
(0 votes)

About us

 Castle Journal is an international newspaper with daily electronic edition, received the international license by the United Kingdom number 10675, and accredited by the Egyptian Embassy in London, owned by Abeer Almadawy

Castle Journal expresses on the free and human voice specialized in the diplomatic, cultural and scientific media, it is eager to create a close relationship with the readers, who is our priority and considers them a true partner.

Castle Journal holds all the permits for practicing its duties of journalism in all countries of the world and the international organizations