C.J. Identities
Wednesday, 12 December 2018 23:55

Iran confirms recent ballistic missile test

Geneva: Reuters

    A senior Revolutionary Guards commander said on Tuesday that Iran had recently carried out a ballistic missile test but he did not specify what kind of missile had been tested, according to Fars News.


The comment appeared to confirm a report by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo who said early this month that Iran had test-fired "a medium range ballistic missile that is capable of carrying multiple warheads." The missile could hit all of the Middle East and parts of Europe, Pompeo said.

US President Donald Trump pulled out of an international agreement on Iran’s nuclear program in May and reimposed sanctions on Tehran. He said the deal was flawed because it did not include curbs on Iran's development of ballistic missiles or its support for proxies in Syria, Yemen, Lebanon and Iraq.

"We will continue our missile tests and this recent action was an important test," Amirali Hajizadeh, head of the Revolutionary Guards' airspace division, said, as quoted by Fars News. He added: "The reaction of the Americans shows that this test was very important for them and that's why they were shouting."

Iran carries out up to 50 missile tests a year, Hajizadeh said.

The Iranian government has ruled out negotiations with Washington over its military capabilities, particularly its missile program run by the Guards.

It says its missile programme is purely defensive and denies its missiles are capable of being tipped with nuclear warheads.

Last month, Hajizadeh said that US bases in Afghanistan, the UAE and Qatar, and US aircraft carriers in the Gulf were within range of Iranian missiles.

In October, the Revolutionary Guards fired missiles at Islamic State militants in Syria after the Islamist group took responsibility for an attack at a military parade in Iran that killed 25 people, nearly half of them members of the Guards.

 

Reuters

Published in Asia

Brussels-Sana


European Union (EU) foreign policy chief Federica Mugherini reiterated on Monday the EU's intention to maintain a nuclear deal with Iran.

Published in Politics

By /Christian Megan  

  Two days ago, the Iranian president in his word before the UN assembly general summit said;

"Iran has the right to have nuclear power,and US is wrong to withdraw of its treaty with Iran and now it can't be possible for any negotiations about the Iranian nuclear program " Dr. Mohammad Rohany said

Today Tehran announced about its successful attempt of launching a ballistic missile,though all warnings by UN and the security council!

It is reportedly by the official Iranian TV that Iran has “successfully” launched a ballistic missile with a range of 2,000 km, Late of Friday and didn't add any more information.

State-run Press TV broadcast a footage released by the government of “the successful test-launch” of its new ballistic missile, Khorramshahr, a few hours after it was unveiled during a military parade here on Friday with President Hassan Rouhani and senior military officials in attendance, reports Xinhua news agency.

The ballistic missile is capable of carrying multiple warheads, Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh, a senior commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Aerospace Division, told the media on Friday.

It is worth to remind that the Iranian program has been rejected by the international community and it has taken number of years to hold a deal with EU and USA during Obama adminstration .

 

Published in World

   In a report submitted to the U.N. Security Council's Iran sanctions committee and U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres,by US, France,UK and Germany warned the UN if. New test by Iran to a rocket capable of delivering satellites into orbit and asked the U.N. chief to investigate.
The western powers called the UN secretary Guterres to report "fully and thoroughly on Iran's ballistic missile and space launch activity" to the 15-member Security Council.

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley submitted the report on behalf of the four countries.
The four countries also planned to raise the issue of the launch during the next Security Council meeting on the implementation of the resolution so the Council can discuss possible responses. It was not clear when that meeting would be held.

However any Security Council action would likely be difficult. Under the U.N. resolution, Iran is "called upon" to refrain from work on ballistic missiles designed to deliver nuclear weapons for up to eight years. Some states argue that the language of the resolution does not make it obligatory.
Most U.N. sanctions were lifted 18 months ago under a deal Iran made with key world powers to curb its nuclear program. But Iran is still subject to an arms embargo and other restrictions, which are not technically part of the nuclear agreement.
Guterres reports every six months to the Security Council on the implementation of the remaining sanctions and restrictions.
Reuters

Published in Politics

About us

 Castle Journal is an international newspaper with daily electronic edition, received the international license by the United Kingdom number 10675, and accredited by the Egyptian Embassy in London, owned by Abeer Almadawy

Castle Journal expresses on the free and human voice specialized in the diplomatic, cultural and scientific media, it is eager to create a close relationship with the readers, who is our priority and considers them a true partner.

Castle Journal holds all the permits for practicing its duties of journalism in all countries of the world and the international organizations