Washington - NBC
President Donald Trump has ordered to send a troop of 80 military to Gabon among fears of violent because of the elections.
According to a letter dated Friday, the troops sent to Gabon would be tasked with securing U.S. citizens and diplomatic facilities in neighboring Congo in the event "violent demonstrations" broke out in the wake of a presidential vote.
Congo, a vast and underdeveloped country rich in the minerals that power mobile phones and laptops, has faced repeated civil wars involving numerous armed militias. Some 40 million people had been registered to vote but at the last minute around 1 million were barred as the electoral commission cited a deadly Ebola virus outbreak.
The vote will decide the successor to current President Joseph Kabila, who took office in 2001 after his father, Laurent Kabila, was assassinated. If there is no violence, the election would stand as Congo's first peaceful democratic transfer of power since gaining independence from Belgium in 1960.
The country's first free and fair election was held in 2006, with Kabila declared the winner. The U.N. has described it as one of the most complex votes the organization has ever facilitated.
More than 16,000 U.N. troops remain stationed in the country as part of a mission to maintain stability.
U.N. Secretary-General's spokesman issued a statement ahead of the recent vote encouraging citizens to "seize this historic opportunity" while warning all political actors to "[refrain] from any form of provocation."
However, since voting began on Dec. 30, election observers and the opposition have raise concerns about irregularities.
Cairo - SIS
Terrorists celebrate New Year’s Eve in their own special way through bloodshed and taking innocent lives. This is exactly what they have done 2 days ago with their wicked attack in the Mariouteya area in Giza that left 4 dead (1 Egyptian tour guide and 3 Vietnamese tourists) and 12 wounded.
However, a thorough reading into the evolution of terrorism in Egypt and the war its waging on Egyptian State and society during the last few years in general and 2018 in particular shows us that there are major changes that all confirm the fact that terrorism is receding and is approaching its ultimate defeat.
The changes and shifts we have documented are as follows:
1. The terrorists’ plan to create an atmosphere of fear, panic and social strife between Egyptians has failed. The terrorist attacks have backfired against the terrorists as it has attracted positive confrontation from the populace. Among examples of the popular reaction are, the people’s solidarity with the families of the victims of Al Rawda mosque massacre and the residents of Helwan confronting and actually subduing of the armed terrorist who attacked the Mar Mina Church; this highlights the ordinary citizen’s willingness to fearlessly confront and fight terrorism.
2. The Comprehensive Military Operation led by the Egyptian Armed Forces against terrorist groups led to a sizable decrease of terrorist activities and in the number of attacks. 2018 witnessed the smallest number of attacks in the past 5 years. Only 8 attacks took place in 2018, 5 of them were primitive IED attacks and some of them failed to achieve their sordid aims. This shows that the frequency and number of terrorist attacks has subsided to a great extent in comparison with previous years, as we have witnessed 222 attacks in 2014, 199 attacks in 2016 and 50 attacks in 2017. Naturally the number of victims of terrorism has decreased due to the fall in the number of attacks and this is concrete proof of the success of the Comprehensive Military Operation.
3. Operation Sinai 2018 has compelled terrorist groups to make major changes to their methods of executing attacks, and the nature of their targets which has in turn exposed their weakness. In 2017 terrorist groups were forced to resort to suicide bombings in greater quantities, this indicates that the success of security operations against them forced them to sacrifice their lives in order to prove that they are still present. In 2018 terrorist groups have returned to using weak and hardly effective IEDs and they have failed to successfully carryout 2 of their 8 attacks in 2018.
The Comprehensive Operation (Sinai 2018) and Counterterrorism efforts
The Comprehensive Military Operation Sinai 2018 has successfully destroyed terrorism’s infrastructure like hideouts, tunnels, weapon depos and Media centers. 1200 IEDs were found disarmed, 420 cannabis farms were destroyed and 16 tunnels on the border with Gaza were also destroyed. That in addition to the destruction of 1086 vehicles and 1000 motor bikes used by terrorists, the neutralization of over 500 militants and the capture of hundreds more. Among the elements detained during the operation were terrorists, suspected terrorists, wanted criminals who have court verdicts issued against them. The captured terrorists were referred to the prosecution for investigation while the wanted criminals were sent to serve their sentences in prison. The comprehensive operation is not only limited to the Sinai, it extended to other strategic areas on the western and southern borders.
Throughout the past 10 months of the Comprehensive Military Operation Sinai 2018 the Egyptian Armed forces have accomplished several strategic objectives on all three fronts:
1. Our troops have successfully neutralized first and second line leadership figures in the ISIS affiliate Wilayat Sinai formerly Known as Ansar Bayt Al Maqdis. The latest of such leading terrorists that were neutralized was the leader of the group Abu Osama Al Masri and other leaders namely Khairat Al Sobki, Mohamed Gamal, Islam Weam and several others. This had a very negative impact on the structural viability of the group and its ability to carry out attacks.
2. All branches of the Armed Forces along with the Egyptian Police are taking part in operation Sinai 2018. This operation has several dimensions including direct confrontation and border security. The Border Guards and the Navy have successfully established their control over sea and land borders, and this was partially due to an agreement with Hamas on border control in the case of the eastern border with the Gaza strip. The Armed Forces successfully destroyed several tunnels that were used to smuggle arms, ammunition, funds and terrorists.
3. The massacre of the Al-Rawda mosque in Bir Al-Abed carried out by “Wilayat Sinai” terror group in November 2017, which left more than 300 people dead, encouraged citizens to diligently cooperate with Egyptian security forces in confronting terrorist elements in the Sinai. This has contributed to empowering the security forces to direct attacks that severely impacted the structure of terrorist groups and extremist elements, not only on the level of killing leadership and elements of those groups, but it also resulted in paralyzing the groups and the terrorist elements affecting their ability to move easily.
Analyzing the course of terrorist operations in Sinai and the results of the comprehensive military operation (Sinai 2018), we can conclude two main observations:
1) There is a significant decrease in the number of terrorist operations in Sinai during 2018 compared to the previous four years.
2) The decline of terrorist operations is coincided with a clear decline in the number of victims from the army and police forces in Sinai during 2018 compared to the previous four years.
The collapse of the Muslim Brotherhood and its failure to commit its crimes
The military and the security services, especially the police forces, have besieged and weakened groups affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood, namely “Hasm” and “Liwaa al-Thawra” all over Egypt (the valley and the delta) in 2018. This is due the preemptive strikes they have carried out both in terms of arresting terrorist elements and targeting hideouts, particularly in the Western desert and some new cities on the outskirts of Cairo. On the other hand, the procedures and financial policies that have consolidated the control over the transfer of funds from abroad to Egypt, attributed to the Central Bank and other concerned parties, have led to the reduction of the financing of these groups. In addition, the State’s confiscation of most economic and commercial establishments belonging to the Muslim Brotherhood has significantly reduced the financial resources necessary to carry out terrorist operations, and accordingly led to the decline of terrorism in Egypt during 2018 compared to the previous four years.
The last terrorist attack to be carried out by “Hasm” the targeting of a police car on a road near Maadi in mid-2017. Additionally, the spokesman of the “Hasm” terrorist group has declared on 5 September 2018 that the movement has been affected by the security raids that paralyzed its ability to continue. Also, the “Liwaa al-Thawra” terrorist group, which announced its establishment in October 2016 after the assassination of Brigadier General Adel Ragai, has almost disappeared and carried out only one terrorist attack in 2017. This was thanks to successive blows they have received from security forces.
Attacks against State infrastructure (such as electricity, water, etc.) and the economic establishments as well vanished in 2018.
Most of the terrorist operations in 2018 were based on random elements or what we can call "lone wolves". This was shown in some terrorist operations that took place at the end of 2017, such as the attack on a liquor store in Omrania district, Giza governorate that left 2 civilians dead and the latest attack in Al Mariouteya district.
Preemptive strikes ...The keyword of aborting terrorist schemes
Given the strong and direct influence of the comprehensive operation (Sinai 2018), the year 2018 has witnessed the implementation of a series of successful security operations in which the police forces carried out preemptive operations that aborted terrorist schemes in their early stages due to their high efficiency in tracking and information gathering on those terrorists’ groups:
· In April 2018, the security forces killed seven members of ISIS terrorist group in Abnoub in the eastern desert.
· In June 22, security forces targeted a terrorist hideout and killed seven terrorists involved in targeting Christian houses of worship.
· In June 28, security forces killed six terrorists involved in the assassination attempt of the security chief of Alexandria governorate.
· In July 2018, security forces attacked a terrorist hideout and killed six terrorists in Dirout, Asyut Governorate.
· In October 27, security forces killed 13 terrorists near KM 74 on the Asyut road.
· In November 4, security raids have resulted in the killing of 19 terrorists in Minya governorate foiling their plans to carryout acts of sabotage.
· In November 28, security forces dismantled a terror cell in Sinai, killing 11 terrorists and arresting 6 others. Besides, they confiscated high-frequency radio sets.
· In December 8, security forces dismantled the terror cell responsible for the attack on the bus carrying Christian worshipers heading to the Monastery of Saint Sameul last November, killing 19 terrorists involved in targeting the bus, in the western desert of Minya governorate.
· On 23 December, the National Security Agency have detected a terrorist hideout. The terrorists were planning to carry out a series of terrorist attacks against vital installations and members of the armed forces and the police in one of the remote areas of El-Arish. Security forces raided the hideout and clashes ensued for a few hours resulting in the killing of 14 terrorists.
· In December 29, hours after the terrorist attack against the tourist bus in Giza, the Ministry of Interior raided a number of terrorist hideouts in the governorates of North Sinai and Giza and directed several strikes against terrorist elements planning to carry out a series of deadly attacks targeting State institutions, the economy and the tourism sector, in addition to plotting to target police officers and Christian houses of worship. 40 terrorists were killed in the clashes.
Efforts to combat terrorism have intensified in Egypt achieving remarkable and significant results that broke terrorist groups and aborted their schemes and accordingly, reduced the number of terrorist attacks and the amount of victims in 2018 to the lowest level in nearly five years, the same year in which a large number of countries in the world witnessed a variety of terror operations.
Al-Azhar has stressed full solidarity with all state institutions in the fight against terrorism, following the death of a police officer while examining a bomb in Nasr City of Cairo on Saturday 5/1//2019.
In a statement, Al-Azhar asserted that such acts are forbidden by all religions.
It strongly condemned the explosion, offering condolences to the family of the deceased.
from other side ,Awqaf Minister Mohamed Mokhtar Gomaa has hailed the bravery of a police officer who was killed while examining a bag containing a bomb in Nasr City district of Cairo.
In a statement on Saturday 5/1/2019, Gomaa praised a mosque worshiper who informed police about a suspicious object in Ezbeit El-Haganna.
The minister asserted that the bomb blast will never conquer Egypt's will to uproot terrorism
Reported by|Mohamed Abdel Ghani
Quoting the Sudanese news agency said that the Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir as part of his efforts to contain the current crisis between demonstrators and the state and those wishing to improve the economic and political conditions, he has discussed on Sunday number of proposals ended for the adoption of President Bashir with two commissions , the first is for elections and the other for parties affairs and also he approved on the selection of a committee of ten national figures for the election commission.
As The Supreme Coordination Committee allowed to follow up the implementation of the outputs of the national dialogue in its meeting today chaired by the President Omar Al-Bashir who approved on the nominations of members of the Election Commission and the Council of Political Parties Affairs by 10 members each.
see more of our news:
"The committee approved the formation of the corruption commission headed by the general auditor, and the membership of the head of the office of the illegal richness , and the head of the court of the heresy and grievances, the head of the National Justice Bureau and the chairman of the committee concerned with the parliament.
Information Minister spokesman Bishara Juma said that the Higher Coordination Committee discussed the current positions for political and economic through the report of the Special Committee.
He added that the meeting stressed the need to move forward in the national dialogue until the elections as there is no alternative to the reality of the country other than dialogue.
He noted that the meeting discussed the issue of peace and the meeting of the Supreme Council for Peace,explaining that the Higher Coordination Committee addressed the conspiracies being waged against the Sudan.
Dr. Faisal Hassan Ibrahim, a member of the committee, said that the formation of the Electoral Commission, the Council of Political Parties Affairs and the Anti-Corruption Commission will continue to implement the outcomes of the dialogue.
According to a statement issued by the Israeli Foreign Ministry in which it said that three Iraqi delegations visited Israel in 2018 ... The statement, which Baghdad did not reply yet added
On Sunday evening, that "three delegations from Iraq, including 15 people, visited Israel during the last year."
The ministry said in a statement, seen by Anatolia, that "the visit of the third Iraqi delegation to Israel took place several weeks ago."
"Delegations included Sunni and Shiite figures and local leaders with influence in Iraq," the statement said.
"These figures visited the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial Museum and met some Israeli academics and officials," he said.
"The Iraqi government sent it to negotiate with Israel over the Iranian withdrawal from southern Syria in exchange for an end to the Israeli bombing of Syrian territory,"
Israeli analyst and academic Eddie Cohen said on his official Twitter page.
"The delegations also negotiated on the dissolution of the Shiite parties in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon and the Gulf states, and all declare normalization with Israel," Cohen said.
As of 21:30 GMT, Baghdad has not officially commented on what the Israeli Foreign Ministry reported, or what Cohen claimed.
Iraq does not establish or recognize diplomatic relations with Israel.
The Arab states, with the exception of Jordan and Egypt, have no public relations with Israel.
Reported by| Abeer Almadawy
As Egypt today is celebrating with the opening of 2 mega projects in the administrative capital city, the first the opening of the Mosque" Alftah Alalem" the largest in the world, and the second is the opening of the Cathedral birth of the Christ , the biggest in the middle east at all, U.S. president Donald Trump praised Egypt and the president Abdul fattah Alsisi for expand egypt to hold more inclusive future, as he said in his twitter.
"Excited to see our friends in Egypt opening the biggest Cathedral in the Middle East. President El-Sisi is moving his country to a more inclusive future!"
Most of his followers asked him where's the biggest mosque in the united states, other said why you forget the opening of mosque as it is other biggest project ?
However Egypt is happy with the declaration of trump and his praises ,considering as a good point for more understanding the Egyptian vision who respect all the religions and care with the 2 Egyptian partners.
In a country has more 100 millions , more than 88 million of them are muslims and 12 are christians , egypt paid a great role in this file to equal between both partners in building the churches and mosques ,Though the number of Muslims are seven double the christians and they need more mosques so the principle to do an equalviation is not right , but according to the stress fall on Egypt and how the outers used this paper to indulge egypt in troubles and terrorism, It worked hardly to equal between the Muslims and Christians...in a good model of understanding and saving this country with peace and respect.
Written by| Abeer Almadawy
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi opened today the cathedral " The birth of Christ" which is considering as the largest in the Middle East, and one of the greatest projects that is established in the new administrative capital.
In the inauguration,President Abdul Fattah Al-Sisi has accompanied with him t Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, Sheikh of Azhar and Assistant to the President of Sudan as he was received by Pope Twadros II.
Cathedral of the "birth of Christ" is located in the new administrative capital, considered as the largest church in Egypt and even the Middle East in general, and it was established on using the latest technology methods, and the Cathedral is under the supervision and implementation of Orascom, in cooperation with the Engineering Corps of the Egyptian Armed Forces
Where President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi announced the construction of the largest mosque and cathedral in the Middle East as a gift for all Egyptians in the new administrative capital, on the night of Christmas Day on 6 January 2017
Here is some information about the Cathedral in detail:
Cathedral " The birth of Christ"is The largest and most spacious cathedral in the Middle East.
The church has an area of 15 acres, or 63,000 square meters. It includes the cathedral building on an area of 7,500 square meters, the People's Church for about 1000 citizens. The People's Church also contains a main square, the palace building, a reception hall, a meeting room and administrative offices. The cathedral building has a capacity of 8,200 individuals, which is a "Padrum" and a plate and lighthouse 60 meters high.
First: the design idea
The architectural design of the Cathedral of the Birth of Christ, designed to accommodate the largest number of people and to become a symbol and a distinctive mark in the new administrative capital, reflects the depth of the historical value of the Coptic Church as well as the cultural importance of Egypt and its great role in the region in the past, present and future. Also there is an importance for the Harmony with the locators of the site as well as inspired by the composition of historical and contemporary architectural vocabulary, both at the level of public composition or at the level of definated details, and was careful to arrive at a design worthy of the importance and significance of the project taking into account the importance of To create a state of love and worshiping to Almighty God, reverence and spirituality for project users, the uniqueness of the cluster was therefore used as a monumental magnification in design.
The buildings adjacent to the cathedral are also designed, including the papal headquarters building, a 1000 people's church, a ground floor garage and a service building.
The cathedral building and the adjacent buildings within the site were to be integrated with the surrounding buildings and the surrounding area in a magnificent symphony of architectural harmony.
Second: The formation of the cathedral
It is about huge main hall is covered with two perpendicular vaults, each 40 meters in diameter, forming a cross. In the center of the courtyard, the dome of the cathedral is 40 meters high, 39 meters above ground, loaded with four main arches, Four spherical triangles and the western part are covered with a 40-meter Vault.
At the end of the main clans are semi-domes in the northern, tribal and western regions. On both sides there are two side passageways, each covered by two intersecting vaults, each 6 meters in diameter. As for the structure area, it is important to have the top structure of the dome with a diameter of 15 meters and the domes of the sides of the 10 meters.
- A number of 2 lighthouses were added to the cathedral building, and its location was chosen so that it can be seen from all sides and can be seen from the moment that the visitor enters the site from a distance. The lighthouse rises 60 meters.
- The lighthouse was designed to form elements of the Coptic architecture and it was considered to contain a number of bells at the top of the lighthouse. The cathedral was considered as a symbol of life in the sea.
Description of the Cathedral:
The cathedral building consists of two floors:
1 - the upper floor with a surface of about 8100 square meters. Consisting of a cathedral bowl and can accommodate more than 7500 individuals, and the deacons rises 7 degrees from the courtyard of the cathedral, and the structure area in the east, and it contains three altars with restrooms and service rooms occupying three floors next to the structures on the east.
There is a baptism in the north-west of the building and a children's room opposite the baptism. Four elevators serving the elderly and various slopes and stairs to serve the people within the cathedral were considered. There is a central adaptation of the entire cathedral.
The lower floor is about 8,500 square meters and contains a church with an area of 1800 square meters, which can accommodate more than 1,200 people, a multi-purpose hall with a surface area of 1500 square meters, a museum hall for the history of the Coptic Church and a meeting room. Service rooms and stores, and is now adding a north entrance to connect the church with the main square next door.
Source|Watani in arabic - Castle Journal