reported| Hiedi Julz
Oscar-winning Kevin Spacey, 60-year-old,American actor, producer and singer, was accused two months ago with a moral case alleging of sexual harassment of a young man at a nightclub.It is said Kevin was drunk. Massachusetts State Court against Kevin Spacey and formally accused of molesting a young man 18, more than two years ago.
The court set March 4 as the date for a new hearing in the same case, which dates back to 2016 and accuses Spacey of sexual harassment of the son of American media, Heather Unroh, in a nightclub.
The court prevented actor Kevin Spacey from communicating with the young victim and approaching him until the new hearing.
The representative declined to speak during the session and appeared in court smiling and calm, while his lawyer presented to the court a document denying the attack Kevin Spacey on the young man and that he drank alcohol, but the young man confirmed the crime of harassing witnesses, which prompted the court to charge him officially and may be tried in his mind five years, That there are several charges against the famous actor including the charge of sexual harassment of actor Anthony Rab when he was 14 years old.
After eight weeks of rebellion against the French government by the movement of yellow jackets who reject economic measures from President Macron ,
French Prime Minister said today that the government would support "a new law that punishes those who do not respect the requirement to report protests, those who participate in unauthorized demonstrations, those who arrive at demonstrations and wearing face masks" and will prevent riots and to prevent demonstrations of the movement of yellow jackets
He also announced plans to ban "rioters" known to the authorities from participating in the demonstrations, in the same way that football fans were prevented in the past from playing.
He said: "This action was successful," noting that the stadium ban
"Problem makers pay for damage"
In the future, Philip said, the burden will be on "rioters, not taxpayers, to pay for the damage" to businessmen and property during the protests, which began peacefully in mid-November because of their objections to taxes but quickly became extreme.
Many protesters are demanding the resignation of President Emmanuel Macron. These demands have been rejected as undemocratic by the government.
NBC - Jerusalem
editing by| Tony Wild
The national security adviser John Bolton said Sunday according to Israeli newspaper that president Donald trump promise Israel with no withdraw from Syria before he get a clear guarantee of
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan which Turkey won’t attack Kurdish forces after Americans' withdrawal.
"President Donald Trump will not withdraw American troops from northern Syria until the Turkish government guarantees it won’t then attack Syrian Kurdish forces that have been critical allies in the fight against ISIS", Bolton said to reporters
He added that a commitment from Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to protect the Kurds after American forces exit is something Trump is demanding, and that it’s just one of several conditions that have to be met before U.S. troops leave.
Bolton who will meet with Israeli officials Sunday and Monday, and with Turkish officials, including Erdogan, on Tuesday, tries to convince the Israeli partners with the Decision of president Trump to withdraw from Syria after his troops ended its mission there.
Israeli Officials are now studying a series of results after the American withdrawal from syria, that they must first be met, which Bolton described as “policy decisions that we need to implement.”
“This is a cause and effect mission,” Bolton said. “Timetables or the timing of the withdrawal occurs as a result of the fulfillment of the conditions and the establishment of the circumstances that we want to see. And once that’s done, then you talk about a timetable.”
Bolton also indicated that the U.S. troop withdrawal will not be a complete drawdown, as Trump had promised. Instead, he discussed a withdrawal of American forces from northern Syria, where most of the estimated 2,000 U.S. troops are based, while leaving some of them in the southern part of the country.
Stressing that despite conditions for withdrawal,the continued presence of U.S. forces in Syria is not unlimited.
“The primary point is we are going to withdraw from northeastern Syria," Bolton said.
Washington - NBC
President Donald Trump has ordered to send a troop of 80 military to Gabon among fears of violent because of the elections.
According to a letter dated Friday, the troops sent to Gabon would be tasked with securing U.S. citizens and diplomatic facilities in neighboring Congo in the event "violent demonstrations" broke out in the wake of a presidential vote.
Congo, a vast and underdeveloped country rich in the minerals that power mobile phones and laptops, has faced repeated civil wars involving numerous armed militias. Some 40 million people had been registered to vote but at the last minute around 1 million were barred as the electoral commission cited a deadly Ebola virus outbreak.
The vote will decide the successor to current President Joseph Kabila, who took office in 2001 after his father, Laurent Kabila, was assassinated. If there is no violence, the election would stand as Congo's first peaceful democratic transfer of power since gaining independence from Belgium in 1960.
The country's first free and fair election was held in 2006, with Kabila declared the winner. The U.N. has described it as one of the most complex votes the organization has ever facilitated.
More than 16,000 U.N. troops remain stationed in the country as part of a mission to maintain stability.
U.N. Secretary-General's spokesman issued a statement ahead of the recent vote encouraging citizens to "seize this historic opportunity" while warning all political actors to "[refrain] from any form of provocation."
However, since voting began on Dec. 30, election observers and the opposition have raise concerns about irregularities.
Cairo - SIS
Terrorists celebrate New Year’s Eve in their own special way through bloodshed and taking innocent lives. This is exactly what they have done 2 days ago with their wicked attack in the Mariouteya area in Giza that left 4 dead (1 Egyptian tour guide and 3 Vietnamese tourists) and 12 wounded.
However, a thorough reading into the evolution of terrorism in Egypt and the war its waging on Egyptian State and society during the last few years in general and 2018 in particular shows us that there are major changes that all confirm the fact that terrorism is receding and is approaching its ultimate defeat.
The changes and shifts we have documented are as follows:
1. The terrorists’ plan to create an atmosphere of fear, panic and social strife between Egyptians has failed. The terrorist attacks have backfired against the terrorists as it has attracted positive confrontation from the populace. Among examples of the popular reaction are, the people’s solidarity with the families of the victims of Al Rawda mosque massacre and the residents of Helwan confronting and actually subduing of the armed terrorist who attacked the Mar Mina Church; this highlights the ordinary citizen’s willingness to fearlessly confront and fight terrorism.
2. The Comprehensive Military Operation led by the Egyptian Armed Forces against terrorist groups led to a sizable decrease of terrorist activities and in the number of attacks. 2018 witnessed the smallest number of attacks in the past 5 years. Only 8 attacks took place in 2018, 5 of them were primitive IED attacks and some of them failed to achieve their sordid aims. This shows that the frequency and number of terrorist attacks has subsided to a great extent in comparison with previous years, as we have witnessed 222 attacks in 2014, 199 attacks in 2016 and 50 attacks in 2017. Naturally the number of victims of terrorism has decreased due to the fall in the number of attacks and this is concrete proof of the success of the Comprehensive Military Operation.
3. Operation Sinai 2018 has compelled terrorist groups to make major changes to their methods of executing attacks, and the nature of their targets which has in turn exposed their weakness. In 2017 terrorist groups were forced to resort to suicide bombings in greater quantities, this indicates that the success of security operations against them forced them to sacrifice their lives in order to prove that they are still present. In 2018 terrorist groups have returned to using weak and hardly effective IEDs and they have failed to successfully carryout 2 of their 8 attacks in 2018.
The Comprehensive Operation (Sinai 2018) and Counterterrorism efforts
The Comprehensive Military Operation Sinai 2018 has successfully destroyed terrorism’s infrastructure like hideouts, tunnels, weapon depos and Media centers. 1200 IEDs were found disarmed, 420 cannabis farms were destroyed and 16 tunnels on the border with Gaza were also destroyed. That in addition to the destruction of 1086 vehicles and 1000 motor bikes used by terrorists, the neutralization of over 500 militants and the capture of hundreds more. Among the elements detained during the operation were terrorists, suspected terrorists, wanted criminals who have court verdicts issued against them. The captured terrorists were referred to the prosecution for investigation while the wanted criminals were sent to serve their sentences in prison. The comprehensive operation is not only limited to the Sinai, it extended to other strategic areas on the western and southern borders.
Throughout the past 10 months of the Comprehensive Military Operation Sinai 2018 the Egyptian Armed forces have accomplished several strategic objectives on all three fronts:
1. Our troops have successfully neutralized first and second line leadership figures in the ISIS affiliate Wilayat Sinai formerly Known as Ansar Bayt Al Maqdis. The latest of such leading terrorists that were neutralized was the leader of the group Abu Osama Al Masri and other leaders namely Khairat Al Sobki, Mohamed Gamal, Islam Weam and several others. This had a very negative impact on the structural viability of the group and its ability to carry out attacks.
2. All branches of the Armed Forces along with the Egyptian Police are taking part in operation Sinai 2018. This operation has several dimensions including direct confrontation and border security. The Border Guards and the Navy have successfully established their control over sea and land borders, and this was partially due to an agreement with Hamas on border control in the case of the eastern border with the Gaza strip. The Armed Forces successfully destroyed several tunnels that were used to smuggle arms, ammunition, funds and terrorists.
3. The massacre of the Al-Rawda mosque in Bir Al-Abed carried out by “Wilayat Sinai” terror group in November 2017, which left more than 300 people dead, encouraged citizens to diligently cooperate with Egyptian security forces in confronting terrorist elements in the Sinai. This has contributed to empowering the security forces to direct attacks that severely impacted the structure of terrorist groups and extremist elements, not only on the level of killing leadership and elements of those groups, but it also resulted in paralyzing the groups and the terrorist elements affecting their ability to move easily.
Analyzing the course of terrorist operations in Sinai and the results of the comprehensive military operation (Sinai 2018), we can conclude two main observations:
1) There is a significant decrease in the number of terrorist operations in Sinai during 2018 compared to the previous four years.
2) The decline of terrorist operations is coincided with a clear decline in the number of victims from the army and police forces in Sinai during 2018 compared to the previous four years.
The collapse of the Muslim Brotherhood and its failure to commit its crimes
The military and the security services, especially the police forces, have besieged and weakened groups affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood, namely “Hasm” and “Liwaa al-Thawra” all over Egypt (the valley and the delta) in 2018. This is due the preemptive strikes they have carried out both in terms of arresting terrorist elements and targeting hideouts, particularly in the Western desert and some new cities on the outskirts of Cairo. On the other hand, the procedures and financial policies that have consolidated the control over the transfer of funds from abroad to Egypt, attributed to the Central Bank and other concerned parties, have led to the reduction of the financing of these groups. In addition, the State’s confiscation of most economic and commercial establishments belonging to the Muslim Brotherhood has significantly reduced the financial resources necessary to carry out terrorist operations, and accordingly led to the decline of terrorism in Egypt during 2018 compared to the previous four years.
The last terrorist attack to be carried out by “Hasm” the targeting of a police car on a road near Maadi in mid-2017. Additionally, the spokesman of the “Hasm” terrorist group has declared on 5 September 2018 that the movement has been affected by the security raids that paralyzed its ability to continue. Also, the “Liwaa al-Thawra” terrorist group, which announced its establishment in October 2016 after the assassination of Brigadier General Adel Ragai, has almost disappeared and carried out only one terrorist attack in 2017. This was thanks to successive blows they have received from security forces.
Attacks against State infrastructure (such as electricity, water, etc.) and the economic establishments as well vanished in 2018.
Most of the terrorist operations in 2018 were based on random elements or what we can call "lone wolves". This was shown in some terrorist operations that took place at the end of 2017, such as the attack on a liquor store in Omrania district, Giza governorate that left 2 civilians dead and the latest attack in Al Mariouteya district.
Preemptive strikes ...The keyword of aborting terrorist schemes
Given the strong and direct influence of the comprehensive operation (Sinai 2018), the year 2018 has witnessed the implementation of a series of successful security operations in which the police forces carried out preemptive operations that aborted terrorist schemes in their early stages due to their high efficiency in tracking and information gathering on those terrorists’ groups:
· In April 2018, the security forces killed seven members of ISIS terrorist group in Abnoub in the eastern desert.
· In June 22, security forces targeted a terrorist hideout and killed seven terrorists involved in targeting Christian houses of worship.
· In June 28, security forces killed six terrorists involved in the assassination attempt of the security chief of Alexandria governorate.
· In July 2018, security forces attacked a terrorist hideout and killed six terrorists in Dirout, Asyut Governorate.
· In October 27, security forces killed 13 terrorists near KM 74 on the Asyut road.
· In November 4, security raids have resulted in the killing of 19 terrorists in Minya governorate foiling their plans to carryout acts of sabotage.
· In November 28, security forces dismantled a terror cell in Sinai, killing 11 terrorists and arresting 6 others. Besides, they confiscated high-frequency radio sets.
· In December 8, security forces dismantled the terror cell responsible for the attack on the bus carrying Christian worshipers heading to the Monastery of Saint Sameul last November, killing 19 terrorists involved in targeting the bus, in the western desert of Minya governorate.
· On 23 December, the National Security Agency have detected a terrorist hideout. The terrorists were planning to carry out a series of terrorist attacks against vital installations and members of the armed forces and the police in one of the remote areas of El-Arish. Security forces raided the hideout and clashes ensued for a few hours resulting in the killing of 14 terrorists.
· In December 29, hours after the terrorist attack against the tourist bus in Giza, the Ministry of Interior raided a number of terrorist hideouts in the governorates of North Sinai and Giza and directed several strikes against terrorist elements planning to carry out a series of deadly attacks targeting State institutions, the economy and the tourism sector, in addition to plotting to target police officers and Christian houses of worship. 40 terrorists were killed in the clashes.
Efforts to combat terrorism have intensified in Egypt achieving remarkable and significant results that broke terrorist groups and aborted their schemes and accordingly, reduced the number of terrorist attacks and the amount of victims in 2018 to the lowest level in nearly five years, the same year in which a large number of countries in the world witnessed a variety of terror operations.
Al-Azhar has stressed full solidarity with all state institutions in the fight against terrorism, following the death of a police officer while examining a bomb in Nasr City of Cairo on Saturday 5/1//2019.
In a statement, Al-Azhar asserted that such acts are forbidden by all religions.
It strongly condemned the explosion, offering condolences to the family of the deceased.
from other side ,Awqaf Minister Mohamed Mokhtar Gomaa has hailed the bravery of a police officer who was killed while examining a bag containing a bomb in Nasr City district of Cairo.
In a statement on Saturday 5/1/2019, Gomaa praised a mosque worshiper who informed police about a suspicious object in Ezbeit El-Haganna.
The minister asserted that the bomb blast will never conquer Egypt's will to uproot terrorism
Reported by|Mohamed Abdel Ghani
Quoting the Sudanese news agency said that the Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir as part of his efforts to contain the current crisis between demonstrators and the state and those wishing to improve the economic and political conditions, he has discussed on Sunday number of proposals ended for the adoption of President Bashir with two commissions , the first is for elections and the other for parties affairs and also he approved on the selection of a committee of ten national figures for the election commission.
As The Supreme Coordination Committee allowed to follow up the implementation of the outputs of the national dialogue in its meeting today chaired by the President Omar Al-Bashir who approved on the nominations of members of the Election Commission and the Council of Political Parties Affairs by 10 members each.
see more of our news:
"The committee approved the formation of the corruption commission headed by the general auditor, and the membership of the head of the office of the illegal richness , and the head of the court of the heresy and grievances, the head of the National Justice Bureau and the chairman of the committee concerned with the parliament.
Information Minister spokesman Bishara Juma said that the Higher Coordination Committee discussed the current positions for political and economic through the report of the Special Committee.
He added that the meeting stressed the need to move forward in the national dialogue until the elections as there is no alternative to the reality of the country other than dialogue.
He noted that the meeting discussed the issue of peace and the meeting of the Supreme Council for Peace,explaining that the Higher Coordination Committee addressed the conspiracies being waged against the Sudan.
Dr. Faisal Hassan Ibrahim, a member of the committee, said that the formation of the Electoral Commission, the Council of Political Parties Affairs and the Anti-Corruption Commission will continue to implement the outcomes of the dialogue.